Feeling cold? Stuffy? Sore throat? Honey Lemon Ginger Tea will help.
Instead of buying conventional cough drops that are loaded with artificial flavors and toxic substances, you can make some of your own. These cough drops are extremely easy to make, and can also be customized to reflect personal tastes and preferences.
Lemon: High in vitamin C, which keeps the immune system strong and neutralizes the free radicals in your body. This reduced the inflammation and swelling.
Ginger: Helps you sweat out the toxins in your body, which is helpful when you have a cold or flu. Ginger is also helpful for settling upset stomachs, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and cold sweats.
Honey: Soothes a sore throat, making it an effective and natural cough suppressant. This improves the body’s ability to fight infection and decreases the risk of fevers. The natural sweetness of honey also balances the tartness of the lemon and the ginger’s spice, giving honey, lemon and ginger tea its soothing flavor.
LEMON, GINGER AND HONEY IN A JAR
You can make this immunity boosting, body soothing concoction ahead of time and store in the fridge. Keeps for months when refrigerated.
- 2 lemons (thoroughly cleaned)
- 2 piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your pointer and middle finger)
- Raw honey
- 12 oz mason jar
1. Slice lemons and ginger.
2. Place the lemon and ginger slices in the mason jar, alternating layers of each.
3. Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
4. Store in the refrigerator. Over time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
5. When you are in need of some soothing tea, scoop 2-3 tablespoons into a mug full of hot water. Allow to seep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.