Antibacterian and remineralizing TOOTH POWDER (video recipe)
This is one of the easiest products we can make at home for our family. It’s highly economic, efficient and natural.
The use of tooth powder dates back to antique civilisations from Egypt, Rome, Greece and China.
Before Cleopatra, egyptians cleaned their teeth with powders or pastes made from burnt egg shells mixed with pumice and the ash of animal hooves.
Chinese people added herbs and salt to make the tooth powder more efficient and tasty.
Tooth powder regained its popularity during the 18th century. The British were the first to comercialize this type of product. In 19th century, other ingredients were added, such as borax (for foam) and glycerin – which transformed the powder into a paste.
Then they added fluoride – for strenghtening the tooth enamel.
Studies have shown that tooth powders are more efficient in removing the bacterial plaque than toothpaste, thanks to their abrasive texture.
Tooth powder recipe
• 2 tablespoons of white kaolin clay
• 2 tablespoons of calcium carbonate
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
• 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of powedered cloves
– 1 teaspoon of powedered myrrh
– 1 teaspoon of powedered sage
– 10-15 peppermint essential oil
Simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer it to a glass jar. Keep the tooth powder in a clean, dry place.
You can skip the salt and the baking soda if you have sensitive teeth or gums.
Add 1 teaspoon of xylitol to make it sweeter.
Soak the toothbruh in water. Pour a little bit of tooth powder in your palm and dip the toothbrush in it. Cleanse the teeth as usual.
Or, you can make a paste by mixing ½ teaspoon of powder with a few drops of water in a bowl. Dip the toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth.
1. LaTaifas.ro, PUDRĂ de ARGILĂ și BICARBONAT pentru DINȚI (rețetă și beneficiile explicate): https://lataifas.ro/medicina_naturista_alternativa/produse-naturale-facute-in-casa/118321/pudra-de-dinti-cu-bicarbonat-si-plante-reteta-cu-beneficiile-explicate/
2. Joybilee Farm, Herbal Tooth Powder for Healthy Gums and Teeth: https://joybileefarm.com/herbal-tooth-powder/
3. Elemental.eu, Pudră de dinți classic: https://www.elemental.eu/ro/blog/15283_pudra-de-dini-classic.html
WARNING. Xylitol is fatal for dogs.
The food additive was featured in a public information announcement via the BBC recently after the death of one womans dog. The dog had stolen 2 homemade brownies, containing the Xylitol, resulting in it’s death, but not before fighting for it’s life against the complications of the adverse side effects for 10 days.
The woman is now campaigning for awareness. IF you want to use it, be sure your dog can not get into it or anything you’ve put it in.