Elderflower is one of the most efficient treatments for respiratory problems. You can use an infusion or even a powder made out of dried elderflowers and consume it regularly until the disease is cured.
After many studies, elderflower was proven to be one of the most efficient treatments for colds, influenza infections A and B, bronchitis and pharyngitis.
Elderflower treatment for bronchitis and sinusitis
How to prepare the powder:
- Take some dried elderflower and ground it very finely using your coffee machine.
- Take the ground elderflower and put it in jars. Close the lid tightly.
- Store them into a dark and cold place for 14 days, maximum.
- After 14 days, the volatile oils in the plant evaporate. Use small quantities so that the powder is always fresh.
How to consume it:
- Each morning, you will have to take 1 teaspoon of elderflower powder.
- During the day, you will have to consume 2-3 more teaspoons.
- Honey can help with the swallowing.
- Treatment will last for 2 weeks. You can take 1 week break and then continue with the treatment.
The elderflower infusion is made out of 3 or 4 teaspoons of ground elderflower, put into 500 ml of water overnight. The next morning, the soak is taken away and the flowers are put to boil into 500 ml of water. After it has boiled, you can let it cool down and then you mix it with the soak.
In order to take effect, the mix must be consumed 1 cup 3 times per day. The treatment will last 2 weeks with 1 week of break and then you can redo it.
For sore throat, wet coughing and the elimination of secretions, it is best if you gargle the infusion 3 times per day.
If you want to use the infusion as compress, you must heat up the mix and soak a cloth into it. Then, apply it on your chest or head as warm as you can bare.
Elderflower seems to be specially created for treating respiratory diseases. It increases the immune response, helps get down the fever, eliminates the toxins out of your body by sweating, reduces the flu pain (headaches and muscle ache) and speeds up the recovery process. Elderflower is most effective if you take it as soon as the first symptoms kick in: sore throat, mucus and headache.
Also, elderflower can:
- Reduce the inflammation of airways
- Help eliminate excessive secretions
- Prevent excessive mucus
- Increase the body’s ability of dealing with infections and local immunity
When is elderflower not good?
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, elderflower should be consumed with caution. Those who take laxative or diuretic medicine should consult with their doctor before starting any other treatment. Elderflower can cause some allergies or minor digestive troubles, this is why it is better to start off with small quantities. If the symptoms do not appear, you can raise the quantity.
Children with ages below 12 will take a much smaller quantity than the one recommended for an adult.
Elderflower does wonders for your health, transforming flu in nothing but a nightmare. So, make sure you always keep this plant at hand.
Find us on Facebook