Honey has been used for centuries in treating a myriad of health conditions. More exactly, it has been collected by humans in all corners of the world for 8000 years. Ancient peoples, including the Greeks, Egyptians and Chinese, have benefited from this marvelous natural ingredient in treating mild to severe ailments such as ulcers, skin burns and wounds, gastric issues and so on and so forth.
Additionally, this sweet ingredient is also recommended by doctors in the UK and Canada as a natural treatment for coughs and sore throats. Normally, this treatment is advisable for children aged over one year old.
Honey wraps are the ideal natural remedies for treating respiratory problems, contributing to the discharge of mucus when applied overnight in particular. As a matter of fact, a natural remedy consisting of raw organic honey and lemon juice is proved to be equally effective as dextromethorphan.
As winter is just around the corner, we want to introduce you to this amazing natural remedy, which will certainly come in handy once the cold settles in. You will need the following ingredients.
- Organic raw honey
- Coconut flour
- Organic coconut oil (in liquid form)
- Adhesive medical tape
- Combine the flour with the honey so that you obtain a homogenous mixture. The flour should prevent the honey from being sticky.
- Add a few drops of liquid coconut oil and afterward, some more coconut flour so that the mixture doesn’t lose its consistency.
- Place the obtained mixture on the gauze and wrap it in cheesecloth.
- Apply the gauze on the central part of the chest, right below the throat. You will need to secure it using medical tape.
- If you intend to use this remedy for children, it is recommendable to apply the honey wrap two hours before bedtime, and remove it before the little one goes to bed. However, adults may and should leave the patch overnight, for best results.
- You shouldn’t worry about sweating as honey presents warming properties.
- You will experience better health after this home remedy. If your cough problems persist, you should consider continuing the treatment.
If you are sensitive or allergic to any ingredient in this DIY recipe, it is not recommendable for you to use this treatment. If you aren’t sure whether you are allergic to any ingredient or not, apply a small quantity of the mixture on the arm, and watch for possible negative reactions such as swelling and unusual redness. If such reactions appear, that means you shouldn’t use this treatment.
Find us on Facebook