The drinks obtained through the fermentation of fruits (apples, pears, quince) are known as cider. The studies have shown that the combination between apple cider vinegar and honey is a great remedy for combating various diseases. The mixture has the ability to adjust the blood’s pH. The apple cider vinegar and honey will also regulate the metabolism, nourish the body with vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other active compounds that are essential for the health.
Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey – Recipe
– For this recipe, you will need a bunch of apples. Wash them and remove the damaged parts, then grate them. You can also use the peel that is extremely rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
– Put the grated apples in a large bowl or jar. Pour some lukewarm water over them. Make sure to boil the water first. Usually, you must use 5 liters of water to every 4 kilos of grated apples. Also, to every liter of water, you must add 100 grams of honey, 10 grams of yeast and 20 grams of dried black bread. The last 2 ingredients are going to stimulate the acetic fermentation.
– After you have mixed all the ingredients, you must keep the bowl uncovered in a dark, but warm room, at maximum 20 degrees C. The vinegar must be kep away from the sunlight, because it can stop the fermentation. Mix the solution 2 or 3 times per day with a wooden spoon.
– After the 10 days (the first fermentation phase), you can put the mixture in a cheesecloth and strain it to obtain the liquid. Strain the juice once again and put it in a glass jar. Add 50 – 100 grams of honey to 1 liter of juice and stir well.
– Instead of using a lid, you must tie the jar with a piece of cheesecloth. Keep it in a warm place for the second fermentation phase. The apples and honey vinegar is ready when the liquid settles after the fermentation and it becomes clear. Normally, if the fermentation is properly performed, the apple cider vinegar is ready in 30 – 40 days.
– Pour the vinegar in glass bottles through a piece of gauze. This will filter the vinegar. Close the bottles tightly and keep them in a cold place.
Apple Vinegar Treatment
The apple and honey vinegar can be added to salads or usual dishes or you can consume it as a medicine or dietary food. It is beneficial for the following problems.
Sore throat and tonsillitis. Dilute 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar in 1 glass of warm water and gargle with the solution every hour. Swallow the solution after you have gargled with it.
Upset stomach and intestinal disorders. Put 1 teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of warm water and tale 1 teaspoon of the solution every 5 minutes. After that, increase the dose (2 teaspoons every 5 minutes).
Nephritis and pyelonephritis. Dilute 2 teaspoons of vinegar in 1 glass of water and drink 1 cup of the solution during every meal.
Obesity and weight gain. Consume during every meal a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of vinegar.
High blood pressure and cholesterol. Take during every meal a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of the vinegar.
Preventing diseases and increasing stamina. Take 2 teaspoons of the vinegar with 1 glass of water, 1 or 2 times per day.
Chronic fatigue. Mix 3 teaspoons of vinegar with 1 cup of honey and take 2 teaspoons before going to sleep.
Migraines and chronic headaches. Mix water and vinegar in equal quantities and heat them. Use the solution for steam inhalations of about 10 minutes.
Arthritis. Put 1 teaspoon of vinegar in 1 glass of water and drink it 4 times per day for 14 days.
Hair fall. Massage the affected area with vinegar, 3 or 6 times per day.
Itchy scalp. Soak your comb in a solution made of warm water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Comb the hair until it becomes wet.
Itchy skin. Rub the body with a solution made of 1 glass of warm water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Or you can take a 15-minute bath with warm water and 200 ml of vinegar.
Varicose veins. Apply a little bit of vinegar on the affected area and rub gently. Do this every evening. Internally, you can drink 1 glass of water with 2 teaspoons of vinegar.