Kidney stones occur most often in men and in people aged between 30 and 60 years. Kidney stones occur in those who do not drink enough fluids and those who already have a case of kidney stones in family.
Kidney stones are like crystals of salt and minerals that form in the urine and then end up in the kidneys. Kidney stones can take different shapes and sizes – can be like a grain of sand or like a gulf ball’s diameter. These mineral formations are extremely strong, and since they are eliminated by urinary tract, the pain can be excruciating, especially when large stones block the urinary system. From here to urinary infections or kidney failure is a short road.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR KIDNEY STONES
• Infusion of parsley – prepared from a teaspoon of herb per cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups per day.
• Parsley root decoction – prepared from 50 g of root, boiled in a liter of water for 20 minutes. Drink 2-3 cups a day, sweetened with honey.
• Corn Silk Infusion – decoction prepared from corn silk (one teaspoon of herb per cup of boiled water), boiled for 2 hours. Drink 2 cups: one before breakfast and one in the evening, to dissolve and eliminate kidney stones.
• Infusion of black or red currants – prepared from1-2 teaspoons of dried fruit in a cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups a day. Or, you can also prepare an infusion of 2 teaspoons of currant leaves in a cup of water. Drink 2-3 cups per day. Gooseberry juice or fresh berries are also recommended in kidney stones.
• Plantain, corn silk, dill and mint tea – prepared from a handful of dried herbs, boiled in a liter of water. Drink half a glass before meals, 3 times a day.
• Cabbage juice – drink 100-200 ml of cabbage juice during the day for abdominal or lumbar pain. You can also apply warm poultices of crushed leaves on the kidneys.
• Almond syrup – prepared by boiling in the steam bath, 500 g of crushed almond, 150 g of crushed bitter almonds, 750 g of sugar and 125 ml of water. The syrup should be diluted in water. Drink 2-3 cups per day.
• Juniper tincture – take 20-25 drops of tincture diluted in 50 ml of water, 3 times per day, up to 4 weeks to increase diuresis, renal infections and pain relief. Diabetics and pregnant women are not allowed to pursue this treatment.
• Natural juices: carrot and cucumber, black radish (maximum 500 ml per day), lemon and hot water.
PREVENTIVE NUTRITION FOR KIDENY STONES
Avoid the following foods:
– Beverages containing caffeine (coffee, tea, cola) citrus juices, beer
– Green vegetables
– Calcium supplements or vitamin C
– Red meat, fish or chicken