The reasons why we love lemons so much is that they’re good for everything. They’re rich in citric acid, Vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin B5 and folate, and they can help you not only to treat certain conditions but also to clean your house. Here are just a few tips on how you can use lemon juice.
Use Lemon Juice for the Body
Most people use lemon juice for their body. It provides various health benefits, making you feel energized and ready for the day. Here’s how you can prepare the lemon juice to reap all the benefits:
- Cold Lemon Water
Add lemon juice in a tall glass of water every day and you will feel the effects in no time. So, what can cold lemon water do?
- Due to its diuretic properties, it can treat urinary tract infections.
- Lowers the blood pressure.
- Since it has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, lemon juice can relieve any kind of joint pain.
- If consumed along with a meal, it can lower your blood sugar levels.
- Hot Lemon Water
Add a slice of lemon water or concentrated lemon juice into a cup of hot water, and reap all the benefits!
- Prevent infections and bacterial growth.
- Relieve chest congestions.
- Eliminates your nausea.
- Really efficient against throat infections.
- Maintains your colon in good health due to its dietary fibers.
- Strengthens your immune system due to the Vitamin C found in lemons. If you take your vitamin C daily, your infections might last shorter than when you have a vitamin C deficiency.
- Concentrated Lemon Juice
Don’t make that face. It has a sour taste, but be sure that you won’t regret it.
- It’s a great substitute for salt when cooking. You can also use it instead of vinegar for salads. Lemons are also really low in calories and sodium, making them a perfect substitution if you want to stay healthy.
- It balances pH levels and relieves heartburn.
- External Uses
- You can relieve toothaches by massaging the lemon juice on your gums.
- It helps you get rid of acne (just dab it on your pimples).
- It kills bacteria in your mouth, making it the perfect mouthwash.
- Soothes itching caused by bug bites and heals them with their anesthetic properties.
- Helps you eliminate dandruff. Just use 2 tablespoons of concentrated lemon juice to massage on your scalp and dandruff will go away.
Other House Uses for Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is not only great for your body; it’s also great for maintaining a clean house. Here’s how you can use lemons for that:
- It’s s a great air freshener. Just place some half cut lemons around your room and let them do their job.
- Helps you get rid of bad smells from the fridge and cupboards. Just squeeze some lemon juice and rub onto the surface, killing off the bacteria.
- You can use them to pre-wash your white laundry. It’s a great substitution for harsh bleach.
Can you believe how great lemons can be? Well, now you know. Try using them like this, and you will see that we were right.