It is no secret that aloe vera is one of the most widely used ingredients when creating high-quality skin care products. The reason why aloe vera is so popular is because it calms, hydrates and nourishes your skin profoundly, while at the same time it accelerates the regenerative function of your skin tissues. It helps calm irritation, treat inflammation, and prevent skin redness and shallowness. The good news is that you can prepare this aloe vera gel at home in order to benefit from all its properties.
In order to prepare this gel, you will need the following ingredients:
- ¼ cup aloe vera (the pulp of the plant)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp citric acid
- ¼ vitamin E oil
Firstly, blend the aloe vera pulp, and then add the rest of the ingredients while stirring continually. Once you have obtained a nice homogeneous mixture, place the composition in a clean, dried jar. How simple is that? Now your homemade aloe vera gel is ready for you to use.
When to Use Your Homemade Aloe Vera Gel
There are a number of situations in which aloe vera gel is helpful and good for your health, varying from external uses, for instance on your skin, or even internal uses, in treating several diseases such as ulcer. I will enumerate a couple of cases in which your homemade aloe vera gel can efficiently help you treat several health conditions.
- Wounds and Cuts. Apply aloe vera gel on wounds or cuts and thanks to its hydrating and moisturizing functions, it will accelerate the recovery of your skin, while at the same time preventing an infection from settling in.
- Acne. As it functions as a natural anti-inflammatory, it will help diminish the redness and inflammation caused by acne. Additionally, it triggers the growth and recovery of healthy cells, this way accelerating the recovery process.
- Remove your makeup. You could try this especially if you have sensitive, prone to irritation skin. The aloe vera gel will leave your skin refreshed, nourished and highly hydrated. And it has no chemicals! How great is that?
- Improve your hair. Aloe vera can also work for your hair. It hydrates and moisturizes it visibly, thanks to its natural moisturizing properties.
- Get rid of dandruff. Aloe vera presents natural enzymes that destroy dead cells, leaving your scalp pH level balanced and at the same time hydrated.
- Enhance your complexion. Aloe vera actually prevents your skin from aging, while tightening your skin tissues, granting you that glow you’ve been longing for!
- Take it in. As I mentioned before, aloe vera is effective when consumed internally also, in the treatment of several diseases and infections, but simultaneously, in trying to improve the right functioning of your immune system. Moreover, you can try adding it to your morning smoothie, as it significantly enhances digestion.
However, you should keep in mind that aloe vera does not function instantly, but on the contrary, in order for the treatment to be effective, you ought to use it for at least a month’s amount of time. Homemade remedies work differently in comparison to conventional medicine. The positive aspect to alternative medicine is that most of the times it does not present side effects on your health.