Obesity and unwanted weight concern many people and a lot of them even struggle to get rid of some calories through daily physical activity. Hormonal fluctuations and genetics can have something to say when it comes to a person’s weight. At the same time, an unhealthy diet, lack of sleep, eating habits, certain medications and constant stress can lead to excess weight. Some medical problems can also stand in the way of losing weight.
Overweight people are more exposed to getting heart diseases, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, high levels of bad cholesterol, strokes, fat liver and so many other issues.
Here are the best herbs that can help you lose weight:
- Turmeric – the curcumin found in turmeric accelerates the flow of bile, which is very important for breaking down fat. Due to its antioxidants, it decreases any inflammatory symptoms affiliated with metabolic and obesity disorders. At the same time, curcumin increases insulin resistance.
- Green tea – drinking green tea can boost your metabolism and help you burn off some extra calories. Green tea contains antioxidants, called catechins, that stimulate the fat-burning process. You will have to buy quality green tea in order to take advantage of its properties.
- Ginger – a study dating from 2012 proved that ginger consumption gives you a feeling of satiety and also increases the thermal effect of food. Therefore, you will not be tempted to snack on high-calorie foods.
- Dandelion – this herb acts as a diuretic and laxative due to its phytochemicals. It increases the frequency of urination and reduces the water retention. It is very useful for those people who are bloated all the time and store water in their body, especially in their belly. Dandelion also keeps your sugar levels on track, fights inflammation and gets rid of the toxins in your body.
- Korean ginseng – this herb is known to improve your energy levels and speed up the metabolism. It also helps with stress management and ameliorates insulin sensitivity. Ginseng tea can be found in markets. 2 cups per day of this tea should do the trick.
- Sage – sage acts like a diuretic, an antioxidant and a stimulant, boosting your metabolic rate in order to help you burn more calories. It also reduces inflammation, helps you sleep better and treats anxiety issues. Sage is not recommended for pregnant women or for those who are breastfeeding.
- Oregano – a compound in oregano, called carvacrol, can dissolve the fat. This is also a great herb for those dealing with digestive problems and bloating.
- Milk thistle – this herb contains silymarin, a compound that promotes liver health by boosting up your body’s detoxification process. The consumption of this herb helps you get rid of toxins, restoring your metabolism and helping you lose weight faster.
- Peppermint – this plant suppresses your constant hunger, your temptation to snack on things and controls your appetite. It also reduces bloating and helps with digestion.
Keep in mind that all these herbs should be combined with a healthy lifestyle and diet, and daily physical exercise.