In this world full of stress, tight schedules and imminent deadlines, it is always a good idea to stop, breathe in and take a break! So, practicing meditation can provide you with just the right method for fighting stress and dealing with certain common health conditions. Read along to get acquainted with the ways in which your body can benefit from meditation.
- Diminishes Stress. We all have our share of stress. So how do we cope with it? Meditation seems to be a solution for this. Through this practice, the release of cortisol, the stress hormone, is significantly diminished.
- Improves Your Immunity. Mindfulness meditation aims at improving your immune system. This is mainly triggered by the positive impact meditation exerts on your brain cells. Additionally, antibodies are also generated as a result of this practice.
- Hinders Genetic Damage. Self-conscious meditation can decrease the amount of pro-inflammatory and harmful genes, this way hindering you from developing inflammatory illnesses.
- Combats Loneliness. A 2012 study in Brain, Behavior and Immunity Journal indicates how meditation can actually fight loneliness. A concentrating program helps convey the world surrounding you in a positive note, while simultaneously helping you become at peace with yourself.
- Decreases Blood Pressure. High blood pressure is a common health condition nowadays, preventing your arteries to function properly. However, as stated in a 2008 study published in The American Journal of Hypertension, meditation is determined as an efficient method in regulating high blood pressure.
- Enhances Cognitive Operations. Through meditation, you accomplish to fully comprehend your brain, and whilst meditation functions as exercise for your mind, you can therefore manage to use your brainpower at its whole capacity. This way, your cognitive functions are notably enhanced.
- Cures Insomnia. According to a study developed in JAMA INTERNAL MEDICINE, reflective meditation notably enhances the quality of sleep, especially among elderly people suffering from this restlessness.
- Enhances Heart Health. Meditation notably reinforces your cardiovascular health, while at the same time diminishing the danger of heart attacks and strokes. As mentioned before, meditation helps you control your emotions and manage your anger, factor that can cause the outcome of a heart condition. If you are struggling with cardiovascular problems, you should try meditating at least 20 minutes a day.
- Suppresses Brain Aging. Meditation prevents you from developing certain neurodegenerative illnesses, such as Alzheimer and Parkinson, that are the result of aging and that can determine the death of brain cells. Meditation helps hinder this from occurring, maintaining your brain functions productive.
- Diminishes Negative Dispositions. Self-conscious meditation determines higher levels of alpha brain waves, helping you cope with managing your anger and negative dispositions more effectively. Through this practice, you become more acquainted with your imminent reactions, aiming at controlling them better.
Find us on Facebook