Your lungs are some of the most important organs in your body. They take in the oxygen and release the carbon dioxide. So, it’s crucial to detox them from time to time and keep them as healthy as possible. Cleansing your lungs means that you will eliminate the irritants and environmental toxins that reside in the respiratory linings.
A thorough detox process will lead to proper lung functioning, will strengthen the lungs and will also diminish inflammations. At the same time, it blood circulation to these sensitive organs and clears all the mucus. Not to mention that it can treat bad breath, asthma, chronic bronchitis and throat infections.
Here is what you should do to cleanse your lungs:
This herb contains terpenes and carvacrol, which are lung-cleansing ingredients. Thus, oregano is able to diminish congestion and inflammation in the lungs. Moreover, it promotes a better nasal passage airflow. Here is what you should do:
- Consume oregano tea on a daily basis. Two cups per day should suffice. This treatment is especially recommended for people with asthma.
- Another method would be mixing warm milk (one glass) with oregano oil (a couple of drops). You can also use warm tea instead of milk. Drink this mixture daily.
If you are looking to cleanse your lungs, then there is not better ingredient than peppermint. It contains menthol, an essential element in soothing the respiratory tract muscles. It will help you breathe better and get relief from upper respiratory congestion.
- You can chew up to 5 peppermint leaves daily.
- Prepare some peppermint tea and drink 2 cups of this beverage per day.
- To get rid of congestion, you must inhale the steam coming from one bowl of hot water mixed with peppermint oil (a couple of drops).
Consume lung-cleansing ingredients
Your lungs might be affected by the food you eat. Here are some ingredients that you can include in your diet to boost your immunity and cleanse your body, including your lungs:
- Drink lemon water in the morning. Also, don’t forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Consume pineapples, grapefruit, strawberries, tomatoes, oranges, kiwi and other vitamin C-rich foods.
- Consume black beans and lentils, as they are rich in folate.
- Eat apples, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper, onion and ginger because they contain lots of antioxidants. Also, don’t forget about consuming plenty of green tea.
Eucalyptus essential oil
This amazing essential oil has expectorant, antiseptic and decongestant properties, making it the ideal ingredient for your lungs. It’s perfect for fighting congestion and coughing.
- Mix some hot water with eucalyptus essential oil (maximum 10 drops). Inhale the steam coming from this mixture 1 or 2 times per day.
Your lungs can also be cleansed with the help of the mighty ginger. It can eliminate air pollutants and improve blood circulation. Recent studies have also shown that this ingredient can be used to cure lung cancer, but further research is necessary.
- Consume ginger tea 2 or 3 times per day. You can add honey and lemon juice for extra properties.
- Use ginger (raw) in your meals or take ginger supplements (but talk to your doctor first).