Not only that a glass of pineapple juice will refresh you, but it will also bring a great amount of minerals and vitamins to your body. It is also loaded with fibers, which are great for your gut and for your cardiovascular system, as well.
If you are unable to make your own pineapple juice at home, you will find it on the market. Don’t worry about the chemicals; most of these juices are chemical-free, so it is perfectly safe to try it for yourself. Here are some reasons why this juice should be a regular part of your life:
- Improves digestion – Because of the fact that it has a high level of acidity, this juice will improve your digestion and help your body to assimilate the nutrients better. The function of the pancreas will also be improved and any signs of indigestion will be kept at bay.
- Stronger bones – Manganese is another mineral great for strengthening the structure of the bones, except for calcium. One glass of pineapple juice contains 73% of your daily manganese needs.
- Healthy eyes – Pineapple is a rich source of vitamin A, an antioxidant that has the power to protect the retina from damages. A constant consumption will keep away any macular degeneration which can lead to loss of vision.
- Stronger immune system – You can tell from the moment you taste it that it contains vitamin C. This is an essential component for the health of the bones, teeth, skin, and gums. The immune system also needs this vitamin to stay strong, in order to be able to prevent any illnesses from occurring.
- Healing inflammations – As long as the inflammations appear in an area that has been physically traumatized, things are normal. However, there are also chronic inflammations that bring havoc to the whole health system. Drinking pineapple juice can help you manage this phenomenon that usually leads to illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc.
- Relieving arthritis – The anti-inflammatory properties of this juice can help you manage arthritis as well. This condition usually leads to pain and swelling in the ankles and medication is usually administrated. By integrating this juice into your diet, the side effects of medication can be successfully inhibited.
- Reducing hypertension – The potassium contained in pineapple juice can help you keep your blood pressure under control. It also contains low amounts of sodium, which is perfect for those who need to limit the intake of this mineral.
- Fighting cancer – The research has shown that an element found in pineapple juice, named bromelain, has the power to fight cancer. It works perfectly in combination with chemotherapy and it successfully manages to put a stop to the growth and the multiplication of cancer cells. Have we also mentioned the high amount of antioxidants this juice contains and how they can add strength to the battle against this unpleasant condition?