From time to time, we need to give up on our unhealthy lifestyle and try a detoxification session so as to get rid of all the toxins in our body. The food that we are eating, the white nights, the stress, all these are affecting our organisms day by day. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle and be happy with our body and our achievements, we should take care of our liver. But how should we do that? We are going to tell you why the liver is so important for a healthy lifestyle and what should we do to clean it from toxins.
The role of the liver
The liver is one of the most important organs in your body. It helps you filter everything, from the food you eat to the beverages you drink. It also helps you eliminate the toxins that are harmful for your health and helps other organs to function properly.
The choices that you make regarding your diet can affect the way your organs function. You can easily damage the functions of the liver by eating processed foods in excess or by drinking alcohol. Even pollution can affect your liver. You should try to keep yourself away from stress and from foods that you know are harmful.
The best choices for your liver
When you choose what to eat, you should think of how it will affect your body. Here are some foods that will protect your liver and will make you healthier.
- The anti-inflammatory effect of turmeric will help your body stay away from infections and will keep your liver running in order to maintain toxins away from your body.
- Garlic will help your immune system fight against infections and diseases and will release enzymes that will protect your liver.
- Swiss chard, carrots and spinach eliminate the harmful toxins and protect the liver in order for it to function properly. Cauliflower and broccoli have the same effects on your body.
- The consumption of green tea and water is the best treatment for your liver. It will help your liver filtrate all the toxins accumulated in your body and will keep you hydrated.
- Dandelion root and avocado can also be very helpful. They can protect your liver and help it function properly.
How to purify your liver
We have a recipe that will help you maintain a proper function of the liver with no harmful and expensive treatments.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 leaves of aloe vera
- 1/2 l of cold water
- juice from 1 lemon
Start by squeezing the pulp from the aloe vera and then blend it with the other ingredients. Drink this smoothie in the morning before your meal and, in a few days, you will start feeling better.
Always try to have a healthy diet that will protect not only your liver, but your entire organism. Stay away from processed foods and try to include more fruits and veggies in your meals.