Deep vein thrombosis is a well-known disease nowadays. Many questions appear when it comes to DVT. How can it be treated? or How it appears? are the most popular. We will tell you all about DVT in this article and we hope that the information we’ll give you will be helpful.
DVT – how it appears
DVT or deep vein thrombosis is a disease which implies the formation of blood clots in the veins. The blood clot appears when the blood isn’t circulating well in the veins. It is frequently formed in the legs, but it can appear in other places too.
The symptoms may be numerous, but the best known are the pain that you will feel in that area or the swelling. Thrombosis can turn out to be very dangerous because the veins are blocked and the blood can’t circulate properly. Moreover, when it’s not treated properly, it can even lead to death.
How to treat it
With a balanced diet, workouts and proper medication, thrombosis can be cured.
- Ginger can help you because it blocks the vitamin K, making your circulation stronger and eliminating the bad cholesterol from your body. Ginger tea is highly recommended for this condition and you should drink 3 cups per day.
- Turmeric can thin your blood in order to have a better circulation and prevent the appearance of clots. Make a mix from ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, some honey and milk and drink this twice a day.
- If you exercise daily, you will keep yourself in shape and you will prevent the appearance of clots in your blood. In addition, wear compression stockings in order to boost your circulation in the affected leg.
- Apple cider vinegar can help you improve your blood circulation. Make a mix from a glass of water, honey and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink it twice a day. For an improved blood circulation, you can use also blackstrap molasses. Mix a glass of milk with 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and drink it twice a day.
- Omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil will help you to prevent and treat DVT. Include fish in your daily diet and you will immediately feel the difference.
- Garlic can help you have a better blood circulation. With the help of 3 cloves of garlic daily, your blood pressure will be lower.
- Vitamin E is very important when you have DVT. Try to include in your diet foods that are rich in vitamin E because it will help you prevent the appearance of blood clots.
- Cayenne pepper will make your blood thinner and it will assure you a good blood circulation. Include it in your diet and you will start to feel better.
With the help of these remedies, you can prevent and treat DVT. Keep in mind that you should consult your doctor regarding the medication that you are taking so that it doesn’t interfere with any of these natural remedies.