Cellulite is definitely one of the modern woman’s worst nightmares. The unaesthetic dimpled aspect of the skin can make any person lose confidence and question their own abilities to stay healthy and fit. Even more distressing is the fact that there is no established treatment for this condition so, many times, we don’t know what to do to get rid of it. This is caused by the fact that so many studies and scientists have not discovered a definitive cause of cellulite.
What we know is that it manifests through an imbalance between the normal (or not so normal) fat in your body and the connective tissue. But what causes this imbalance? Although genetics is considered to play an important role, your lifestyle and eating habits are probably the first causes. Hence, the first changes that we need to make are related to these two aspects.
Get rid of the orange peel aspect
- Dry Brushing. I put this method first because I am sure you don’t want to miss it. This is one of those controversial techniques which, although no scientific studies have proven its efficiency, shows incredible beneficial effects. Just take a normal brush with natural, firm but not hard bristles and brush your skin with long sweeps following the down-up direction. Do this once a day or even more often and you will remove the layer of dry skin and stimulate blood flow.
- Myofascial Massage. Massage has always been a good idea, thus knowing that it also has positive effects on your health is even more pleasing. Myofascial massage is known to improve lymphatic and blood circulation, to relax muscles and even release pain. Performed regularly, it can also help you treat cellulite.
- Avoid Dehydration. Dehydration is one of the main causes of many health problems. This is why it is essential to remember to always drink at least 2 liters of water every day. Otherwise, your skin is more likely to lose elasticity and get that dry aspect.
- Stay Active. Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes. This is important for your general health and the strongest weapon in your fight against cellulite. Yoga is also recommended. Not only that you will burn fat and extra calories, but it will also improve blood circulation and treat the dimpled aspect.
- Coffee Scrubs. This works in two ways. First, through exfoliation, the blood flow will be stimulated. Then, caffeine will have a tightening effect on your skin. Thus, in a way or another, this method is sure to work.
- Detox! A main cause of cellulite are the toxins in your body. This is why a short detoxification diet is important from time to time. Also, detox baths can also be helpful. Not only that they will relax you skin, but will also contribute to your fight against cellulite.
- Avoid Wrong Food Combinations. Although this is generally known now, it needs to be emphasized even further. Foods that are high in carbs, unhealthy fats, sugar, salt and chemical additives should be avoided in general. But when you try to treat cellulite, it is not an option anymore; it is a rule.
Whether you are familiar to some of these methods or not, you need to make sure that you practice them correctly and on a regular basis. All in all, cellulite can only be treated through a combination of all these changes. A healthy diet and an active, stress-free lifestyle are sure to make you forget about the orange peel aspect.