Sciatica is the medical condition defined as the aching pain extending from the lower back to the feet. It is often accompanied by numbness of the feet, at times even impossibility to move or stand.
Sciatica is not an unusual disease. Its occurrence is quite common as is it triggered by various degenerative procedures, usually in the proximity of the vertebrae. The most frequent reason this medical condition emerges is the herniated disk. In addition to this, other causes might be heavy lifting, nerve inflammation, spondylosis, obesity or an inactive lifestyle.
Sciatica is manifested as a result of local sciatic nerve pressure and soreness, a pain developed from your lower spine down the back of your leg. Pain can be felt along the nerve, and, at the same time, it may vary widely, from excruciating pain to mild discomfort. Persisting pain is defined by inability to move and walk, and a pressing sensation spreading over your lower back, tights and hips.
In order to defeat your illness, there are a number of treatments that you can undergo, for instance chiropractic therapies, acupuncture and physical massages. By practicing these methods, in time, you will notice the reduction of inflammations and muscle spasms and pains.
Apart from physical and drug-based treatment, you might want to sustain your own immune system by introducing herbs with various healing properties. These natural remedies can be taken simultaneously with doctor-given treatments, or used alone. The fact is that these remedies have no side effects, but on the contrary, they grow your possibility of overcoming your illness.
Herbs with healing properties
Herbs provide an endless source of vitamins and antioxidants, and by using the proper ones you are able to calm your nerves and strengthen your body with the properties it’s missing. Natural cures, such as the use of essential oils, several ointments and types of tea, might enable you to surpass your illness.
- Raw Garlic – Garlic is widely known for its amazing properties of strengthening the immune system. In the long term, it helps extinguish the pain. 3 or 4 cloves of garlic are recommended to be eaten in the morning.
- Chili Pepper Balm – Chili peppers embody capsaicin, releasing a certain amount of heat when rubbed on the skin. Therefore, they can be used in the treatment of muscle pain and nerve inflammation. You can effortlessly combine 4 teaspoons of raw chili pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil, and with the obtained mix rubbed on the affected area, you will definitely feel calmer and uplifted.
- Chamomile Tea – Chamomile is best known for its anti-inflammatory functions. It is advised to be consumed especially during the cold season, as that is the time when these muscular pains emerge most frequently.
- Mint volatile oil – Thanks to peppermint, this volatile oil has the amazing property of relaxing the muscles. In addition to that, it has the function of releasing muscle pain.
- Horsetail – Horsetail presents the properties of a synthetic painkiller. If used to massage the affected area, the essences unleashed during the rubbing function as a natural analgesic.
- St. John’s wort tea or balm – St. John’s wort is recognized for its anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties on the affected nerves. Spread it locally as a balm or tincture. You may even make yourself a cup of tea and still enjoy its beneficial functions.