Chamomile tea has been known as a great remedy for stress, anxiety and sleep for centuries now, but recent studies have shown that there is more to it. Chamomile tea can actually prevent and fight that terrible condition named cancer.
How can chamomile fight cancer?
The main ingredient in chamomile tea that has the ability to stop the development and the spread of cancer cells is called apigenin.
Wondering why it is so hard to fight cancer? Because the cancer cells are more likely to live longer than the normal cells, so they will have a more proliferating environment to develop in. Moreover, modern medicines will fight to destroy these harmful cells, but they will also destroy the healthy ones in the process.
Chamomile tea helps to relieve any signs of inflammation, which is the primary indicator in the case of cancer occurrence. Inflammation is a natural process, but it can also damage the DNA. By regulating this potentially harmful process, one of the main causes of cancer is held under control.
Types of chamomile tea
There are 2 main types of chamomile tea: Roman chamomile and German chamomile. They are both beneficial and contain apigenin, so after all, it is up to you to decide which of them to start using.
In order to get the most out of this tea, it is best to drink at least a cup every evening before going to bed.
Other benefits of chamomile tea
- Insomnia – This is one of the best herbs to cure this condition. It has been used with this purpose for thousands of years and it contains some flavonoids which can diminish anxiety and fight stress, thus promoting a better sleep.
- Tired eyes – Placing tea bags on your eyes will reduce the dark circles and the puffiness as well, due to chamomile’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- Headaches and migraines – Besides the anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile also has sedative properties. If you suffer constantly from headaches and migraines, it only takes 1-2 drops of chamomile oil to rub in your palms. Place them over your nose and take 4 or 6 deep breaths. You can also add a few drops of chamomile essential oil into a bowl filled with boiling water. Put a towel over your head and make sure to breathe in all the steam.
- Hair – Do not throw away those used chamomile teabags. If you are a blondie, you can use them to emphasize the color of your hair. In 1 l of hot water, you can put 6 teabags to make an infusion. Rinse your hair with it before getting out of the shower. This is a process that takes a lot of patience as the coloration is made progressively.
- Hemorrhoids – Around 70% of people will experience them before they reach the age of 50. Chamomile tea will help you relieve the pain and soothe the irritated skin. Take a few drops of essential oil and dilute them in a bit of water. Apply directly onto the area that has been affected.