Coconut oil as toothpaste, who would have taught? Researchers surely did because in a test against tooth bacteria, coconut oil was more efficient than the ordinary toothpaste that we use daily.
The test was made with natural coconut oil after a process identical to digestion. The results were spectacular. The modified enzyme from the coconut oil protects the mouth from Streptococcus bacteria better than any toothpaste.
Why you should start using coconut oil as toothpaste? We will give you 6 powerful reasons why we strongly believe this will be a great change for everyone.
- No more chemicals that are harmful for you: Ordinary toothpaste has triclosan, which is an antibacterial chemical that increases the resistance to antibiotics and induces endocrine disruption. The main concerns these days are the endocrine disruptions which can be related with breast, testicular, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- No more cavity bacteria: With the help of coconut oil, if you effectuate a daily massage on your gums for 10 minutes, they will become stronger and prevent plaque and the appearance of Streptoccocus bacteria.
- No harmful agents: In many toothpastes we find sodium sulfate, which is a surfactant. This ingredient produces the foam and changes the taste of the toothpaste, but it’s extremely harmful for your teeth.
- You can save up money: A jar of coconut oil can last for months because you need only a small amount to make you teeth clean.
- Your dog can enjoy it too: The normal toothpaste can be harmful for dogs, so we can use coconut oil for them too. We can apply a small amount with a toothbrush, but if you don’t have one, there is no problem. However, keep in mind that the following recipe is not good for your.
Ingredients and preparation
You will need: coconut oil, salt, xylitol or stevia( natural sweeteners that help you prevent cavities, but if you want to use it for your dog, do not use xylitol), baking soda ( for whitening), bentonite clay ( with the help of this ingredient we can eliminate the toxins from our tongue and gums) and essential oils (that will give your coconut oil toothpaste a nice flavor). Mix all these ingredients and you’ll have your own natural toothpaste.
The benefits of coconut oil will not stop here. You can use it for pulling oil, like a mouthwash for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you eliminate cavity bacteria, reduce Streptococcus and plaque.
We can always choose a toothpaste that contains natural ingredients in order to take more care of our teeth. We risk our health everyday by using a toothpaste that has fluoride or triclosan in its components. Think again when you want to buy a new toothpaste, you can make your own at home and you can keep your teeth clean and healthy.