Aging comes with the inevitable companionship of wrinkles. Nonetheless, who doesn’t wish to fool nature a bit and slow down the imminent aging process? Luckily, you may naturally combat wrinkles by taking advantage of a range of natural essential oils.
Firstly, you should get acquainted with the fact that wrinkles normally occur as a result of sun exposure, especially throughout the hours when it’s highly dangerous for our skin. The way in which the unhealthy sun rays detriment our skin is by strongly damaging our skin cells, thus significantly altering the aging process. However, there are other factors which accompany the occurrence of wrinkles: unhealthy diet, smoking, genetics and so on.
What triggers the appearance of wrinkles
As our bodies age, our skin becomes drier, thinner and considerably less elastic. At the same time, it becomes significantly more sensitive, thus prone to suffering from both external and internal detrimental factors. Additionally, the production of collagen and elastin – which naturally grant your skin’s firmness and vitality, is utterly diminished. Besides that, the secretion of skin oils decreases, thus determining your skin to not be thoroughly hydrated and moisturized.
In this direction, essential oils might be utterly effective in combating wrinkles naturally.
Effective anti-aging essential oils
- Lavender oil is among the most effective essential oils in granting your skin a healthy, natural glow. It aims at thoroughly moisturizing it, whilst at the same time facilitating your skin’s tissues proper blood circulation. As a result, a proper circulation will inevitably enhance your complexion. Besides all these amazing properties, lavender oil is beautifully scented, which makes it even more alluring.
- Coconut oil is well-known as a natural skin moisturizer. Thanks to its richness in vitamin E, using it will utterly hydrate and soften your skin. Moreover, coconut oil encompasses anti-inflammatory properties, thus being an effective remedy in treating eczema, acne, and other similar skin affections.
- Clary sage oil. Using Clary sage oil as a natural skin treatment will manage to treat your open pores and grant your skin a firm, tight look. The way in which this essential oil functions is gifting your skin a smooth glow and aiming at significantly slowing down the process of aging by preventing other wrinkles from appearing.
- Lemon oil. Being an excellent source of vitamin C, which is an amazing and powerful antioxidant, lemon oil is an essential tool in taking good care of your skin. The richness in antioxidants shelters your skin’s cells from the detriments of free radicals.
- Geranium oil. The reason why we included geranium oil on this list is because using it will assure the protection of your old skin’s cells, whilst at the same time triggering the increase of new cells.
- Myrrh oil. Embodying antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions, myrrh oil will aim at deterring cells from premature death. Thus, your skin will look significantly smoother and deeply hydrated.
- Apricot kernel oil. Being loaded with omega-6 and vitamin A, this highly-effective essential oil will deeply moisturize your complexion while embodying antioxidant functions. This is the perfect remedy in treating sensitive, prone to irritations skin types.