Eczema is a skin condition that is featured by itching, excessive dryness, flaking, and blistering. According to patients suffering from this affection, itching is one of the most disturbing symptoms. As disturbing as itching may feel, and as difficult as it may be to refrain from doing it, it’s recommended to avoid it since doing so may lead to infection and the worsening of the condition.
This affection is, most of the times, treated with corticosteroids, which is a harsh treatment. That’s why we want to present you a range of healthy alternatives to the conventional treatment – an array of natural remedies that have one ingredient in common – tea tree oil. This is an effective natural remedy for curing various skin conditions, even the dreaded eczema.
What makes it suitable for curing this disease?
- It’s equipped with powerful anti-bacterial properties, which decrease the infection and deter spreading.
- Its strong anti-inflammatory properties fight against inflammation.
- It relieves the stressing itching sensation.
- Its antiseptic properties soothe the skin and deter the worsening of the damage.
Are you convinced to give this marvelous remedy a try? If the answer is yes, get acquainted with the ways in which you could use it for treating your condition.
Tea Tree Oil
- Blend 20 drops of tea tree oil with ½ cup of organic coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture on the affected area daily.
- It’s recommended to store the remedy in an airtight container.
Moisturizer Combined with Tea Tree Oil
- Incorporate a couple of drops of tea tree oil in a moisturizer of your choice.
- Apply on the itching parts of the skin three times a day.
Tea Tree Oil Bath
This alternative is recommendable for treating body eczema.
- Fill the tub with water and add 15 drops of essential oil, as well as two tablespoons of virgin olive oil.
- Soak your body in the water for 20 minutes, and repeat twice a day.
- You can replace the olive oil with almond oil if you prefer it since it’s excellent at hydrating the skin and preventing inflammation.
- For babies and children, opt for lavender oil instead – and prepare the bath in the evening, since it soothes the itching, facilitating a good night’s sleep.
Tea Tree Oil for Scalp Eczema
- Combine tea tree oil with jojoba or avocado oil, as you prefer.
- Afterward, massage the aromatic mixture into the scalp, and allow it to stay for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off, and wash your hair using tea tree oil shampoo.
Tea Tree Oil Soap
- Merge one teaspoon of coconut oil, five drops of tea tree oil, and four drops of lavender essential oil.
- Use this mixture as an alternative for body soap, as it’s genuinely moisturizing, and it soothes the itching.
Tea Tree Oil for Treating Eczema Rash
Did you know that roses contribute to easing the itching, and diminishing the discomfort linked to itchy, broken skin?
- Incorporate 15 drops of tea tree oil with three drops of rose essential oil.
- Massage the combination onto the affected areas, and your skin will be soothed.