Diarrhea can give you a number of problems and affect your life greatly, depending on its severity. Such an episode can last from two to seven days, and can be accompanied by other symptoms such as abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and bloating. This happens when your colon is not properly performing and you end up frequently losing liquid because of the bowel movement and the inability to get rid of the toxins.
Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is great for treating diarrhea, and this is exactly why:
- It’s a cleansing agent.
- It contains pectin, which aids in thickening the stool and protects the irritated walls of the colon.
- Its antibiotic properties kill the organisms in the intestines that cause diarrhea.
- It basically kills all microbes, parasites, and bacteria, and also clears the diarrhea symptoms.
- It’s high in magnesium and potassium, providing the necessary nutrients to the body.
- It promotes good bacteria growth by maintaining proper pH levels.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Diarrhea
You can use apple cider vinegar by itself, adding it to a glass of water and drinking it after every meal, or you can combine it with other ingredients. Here are some examples of combinations:
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Mix 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with about 7 oz of lukewarm water. Finish it by adding some honey and then stir. Make sure to drink regularly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice
Extract the Juice from 3 lemons and mix it with a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar. Consumed once a day, it will help treat any diarrhea symptoms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
A quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar added to a glass of water should soothe all of your symptoms. Be careful on the baking soda intake since this can cause even more diarrhea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cayenne Pepper
Take 8 ounces of warm water in which you stir 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper. Regular intakes of this mixture will bring relief to your intestines and treat your diarrhea symptoms.
What to Be Careful About
In order to make the best use of apple cider vinegar, some tips and precautions need to be taken into consideration. Here are some of them:
- Always use organic apple cider vinegar.
- Don’t overdose on the treatments as you may worsen your symptoms.
- If you are pregnant or have diabetes, you should talk with your doctor first. This vinegar might lower your glucose levels.
- Don’t forget to rinse your mouth after drinking a mixture with apple cider vinegar so that you remove the acids.
- Continue with the treatment for 1 or 2 more days after your diarrhea has been cured.
- If you don’t find relief even after taking these treatments, consult with your doctor.
Overall, this treatment is excellent when it comes to treating diarrhea, but in order for it to have the best results, you need to take small dosages in regular patterns.