Sea buckthorn is certainly one of the most beneficial natural remedies for weakened immunity, both in adults and children. We can consume it either with honey, as juice, syrup, oil or powder that is obtained from dried fruits that are afterward minced.
Sea buckthorn juice is, by all means, a complete, genuinely effective natural remedy. You can prepare it quickly at home, following the recipe listed below. Studies have shown that sea buckthorn fruits are equipped with powerful compounds that support the body’s natural healing capabilities.
100 grams of this fruit would furnish us with an incredible quantity of vitamin C, namely of 360-2.500 mg. For this reason, sea buckthorn intake brings numerous exceptional benefits to the skin, bones and blood.
Sea buckthorn contains a wide diversity of vitamins and minerals, as well as various carotenoids. These compounds behave as potent natural antioxidants. They are highly efficient in preventing cancer, as well as ocular diseases, especially cataracts, macular degeneration, and deficient night sight.
The primary affections for which sea buckthorn is recommended include liver affections, diseases of the respiratory system, infections, ulcer, diarrhea, hemorrhages, cardiovascular disease, anemia, depression, anxiety, arthritis, sterility, and neurosis.
Sea buckthorn and apple juice – Recipe
We have combined sea buckthorn fruits with apple, to reduce the sourness of the sea buckthorn.
- 50-70 grams of sea buckthorn
- One apple
- 500 ml water
If you use fresh sea buckthorn, make sure you carefully pick the fruits and wash them in plenty of water before preparing the remedy. If you have frozen sea buckthorn, then, place the fruits directly in the blender. Add the apple and water and begin mixing until you obtain a homogenous juice.
Strain the liquid using a gauze. Don’t throw the remaining fruit pulp. You may use it for preparing other recipes, such as cookies. It’s recommended that you consume the juice immediately after preparing it. If you wish to make a larger quantity, you can store the remedy for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
If you plan on consuming this medication for an extended period, you should ask the advice of your general practitioner, so that you settle on a daily dosage and an appropriate duration of the treatment.
Other health benefits
- Canadian researchers have discovered that sea buckthorn juice prevents the growth of cancerous cells, by stopping the cellular cycle. That deters the cancerous cells from further spreading in the body.
- A 2004 study conducted on mice showed that sea buckthorn juice protects the body from the side effects caused by Cisplatin, which is a medicine used in chemotherapy for treating various cancers and tumors.
- Finish scientists published in 2010 a clinical study which pointed that sea buckthorn deters the sudden growth of glycemic levels in both healthy individuals and those suffering from diabetes type 2.
- As for the cardiovascular system, studies developed in laboratory animals showed that sea buckthorn contributes to reducing cholesterol levels, body weight, and triglyceride levels in the liver.