If you have gone through the experience of a urinary infection, then you must know how awful that feels. However, if you are lucky enough and haven’t gone through that, here are the symptoms you should pay attention to:
- Frequent urination, even though the quantity of urine is almost inexistent
- Burning sensation that accompanies the urinating process
- The urine has a strange smell and it appears to be cloudy and can even contain small amounts of blood.
- Pain in the abdominal area or the lower back
- Fever and chills – this usually indicates that the infection reached the kidneys
- Fatigue and tiredness
Unlike the case of men, women’s urethra is located very close to the anus, the place where bacteria thrive, and it is a much shorter distance, so it is easier for bacteria to ascend and cause infections in the urinary tract. This is the reason urinary infections are encountered more often in the case of women than in the case of men.
UTIs have a recurrent character, so if you are suffering from it for the first time, go to your doctor as quickly as possible. You will need to provide a urine sample, so that the laboratory can detect what type of bacteria is harming your body.
If the infection is confirmed, the doctor will prescribe antibiotics and painkillers. However, even though this medication will cure the problem, you might also encounter some other issues such as:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Abdominal cramps
- White patches on the tongue
- A disturbed stomach
- Vaginal discharge or itchiness
On the other hand, not taking the medication prescribed by the doctor could nurture the development of harmful bacteria. For this reason, you should continue taking the medicines even when you no longer sense the presence of the discomfort caused by the urinary infection.
You can also go for a more natural manner of curing this condition. We are talking about a homemade recipe which is extremely effective and it can eliminate the bacteria after only one treatment. Wondering what the recipe is? Here you go.
Cure urinary infections naturally – Recipe
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 250 g of honey
- 250 g of lemon rind
- 250 g of parsley root
The preparation method
- Start by slicing the parsley root extremely thin.
- Place it in a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Start blending the whole composition until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Place the mixture in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge.
Now, all that is left to do is to consume one spoon of this mixture every day in the morning. Make sure that you drink enough water, as it will be easier for the body to take out all the bacteria from the renal system. You can also increase the dose of liquids by drinking more tea or by eating more soups or fruits.
A quick reminder before preparing the remedy: choose an organic type of honey and make sure to wash the parsley root carefully.