Type II diabetes is a condition that affects the manner in which the cells of your body make use of sugar, which is their main source of energy. There are also 2 main manifestations of this condition:
- The level of insulin produced by the body is not enough – which signals the problem towards a hormone that is being secreted by the pancreas. It usually means that it does not work well in the process of transporting the sugar from the blood to the cells.
- Your body does not respond to insulin – this leads us to believe that the amount of sugar in the body is too high and that it cannot be used by the cells.
The thing about type II diabetes is that there is no cure. It can, however, be managed by taking care of the diet, exercising daily and maintaining an ideal body weight. Another way to take care of yourself if you are suffering from this condition would be to consume a homemade drink that is proved to bring the level of sugar at a normal limit.
Another thing this great drink does is to speed the metabolism and to help you get rid of those extra pounds. So, if you suffer from obesity, you are more predisposed to get type II diabetes, as the more fatty tissues you have, the more resistant your body will become to the action of insulin.
Some other risk factors you should take into account are:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Family history
- Excessive fat in the abdominal area
- Increased level of sugar in the blood in a normal state or during pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
The drink we have been talking about is made up of 5 ingredients:
- 16 ounces of water
- 1 tbsp. of raw honey
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder
In the preparation process, you need to mix all the ingredients in a blender until you obtain a homogeneous beverage. Before having your meals, drink one glass of this beverage first.
When it comes to diabetes, apple cider vinegar is known for the fact that it lowers the levels of blood sugar.
Cinnamon powder also helps a lot in the process of synthesis of glycogen, which actually represents the sugar that has been stored in the liver. A study has been conducted in 2004, which revealed that consuming 40 ml of apple cider vinegar before meals will cause a 34% reduction in the blood sugar level.
Combining apple cider vinegar and cinnamon will only bring benefits to those suffering from type II diabetes. It is also a great remedy for boosting the metabolism and reaching the ideal weight so many of us dream about. Mixing a sour drink with this wonderful spice will accelerate the metabolic rate and will eventually burn off the fat cells, reducing those extra pounds.