Few are the women who do not love enhancing their beauty through the magic of makeup. Being able to achieve your best look puts you in a state where everything becomes easier: your confidence is high, your mood is improved and others perceive you in a different way. If there was one drawback to mention, it would be the tiresome process that removing your makeup often becomes.
Things do not have to be that way, however, as you can easily find excellent natural solutions that address the problem. Rather than expose your skin to risky chemical-based formulas that take ages to act, here are some healthy options to keep your eyes on.
This highly popular plant is already used for the myriad of skin benefits it brings, so it should be no surprise that it can also act as an excellent makeup remover. With its powerful antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it fights a wide range of harmful agents that can damage your skin. Besides its effective cleansing properties, it also serves to moisturize the area it is applied to, leaving you with a glowing, youthful look.
Here is how to use it:
- Rinse your face with water, pat dry and you can follow with a light moisturizer.
- Pat the skin areas where you applied makeup.
- Apply some fresh aloe vera gel onto a cotton ball.
As a commonly encountered ingredient in commercial products, there is no reason not to use it in its natural form. Cucumbers come with a wide array of benefits ranging from their anti-inflammatory actions to powerful moisturizing properties. Here is how to use them as makeup removers:
- Extract the cucumber juice, place it in a spray bottle and use it on your face. Rinse with water.
- For makeup that is difficult to remove, mix with olive oil (half the amount of juice).
A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D, and E come to ensure that your skin is kept healthy following the removal of your makeup.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Dip a cotton ball into avocado pulp and massage it gently on your skin, especially the eye area.
- Clean the skin using a wet wipe.
You may already have a powerful and healthy makeup remover in your home without even knowing; milk contains plenty of fat and protein that moisturizes your skin.
- Dip a cotton ball in some milk.
- Gently massage the areas where you have makeup applied.
- Rinse with water.
Jojoba oil is extremely effective at removing all types of makeup, with the added benefit that it also provides the much-needed moisturizing effect to your skin. You will probably be surprised to hear that, despite its powerful effect, the action through which it reaches it is quite gentle – the oil does not clog the pores or leave any negative effect on the skin, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin as well.
- Apply some jojoba oil on a cotton ball, swipe it gently over your face.
- Clean the skin with a wet wipe.
As you can see, healthy options for removing your makeup may already be found in your home – it only takes a bit of awareness for you to experience their benefits.