Cellulite – women’s number one enemy! It is quite hard to get rid of, but once you have the proper weapons to attack this problem, there should not be hard to do it. What are the weapons we are talking about? Essential oils! Let’s see which ones can help you win this battle!
- Juniper oil – Although it is known for its tonic properties for the scalp and hair, this oil also has the potential to decrease any inflammation, to get the blood moving and to increase urination. All these 3 elements are necessary for fighting cellulite.
- Fennel oil – It is a powerful detox agent which can clean the intestines and stimulate the elimination of toxins through the skin. It can also increase the estrogen, which ultimately leads to the increase of collagen under the skin.
- Citrus oil – Whether we’re talking about oranges or lemons, the oil extracted from these fruits is high in vitamin C, an element needed to build collagen and add strength to the connective tissue located under the skin, blocking any fat cells from forming.
- Rosemary oil – It will remove the toxins and increase the blood circulation in the area where it is applied.
- Clary sage oil – It will bring balance to your hormones and help you fight stress. It will also reduce the inflammation and help your skin look smoother and younger.
- Cypress oil – Improving the blood circulation and removing toxins are just 2 of its actions. Relaxation and the removal of excess water are also its targets.
- Geranium oil – Often used in creams designed to fight cellulite, this oil can balance your hormones and enhance the tone of your skin.
- Cinnamon bark oil – Increases the blood circulation and removes the toxins, plus adds calcium and magnesium to your skin.
- Peppermint oil – It will boost your blood circulation and your metabolism, as well.
Other natural substances that can help you get rid of cellulite are:
- Epsom salt and seaweed
- Cayenne pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
Wondering how to apply these oils? Here are a few recipes to take into account:
- Exfoliating massage with essential oils
Mix ¼ cup of olive oil with 3 tbsp. of dried ground seaweed and 3 tbsp. of coarse sea salt. Add 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil and massage the area for 10 minutes, before going into the shower.
- A simpler blend
You will need ¼ cup of sweet almond oil or olive oil. Add 12 drops of cinnamon bark oil and start massaging the area for 10 minutes twice a day.
- A relaxing bath with essential oils
Mix 4 drops of the following essential oils: geranium oil, juniper oil, clary sage oil and citrus essential oil. You can make the mixture in a cup. Add 1 tbsp. of carrier oil and add the whole mixture to your bath. Mix it very well and then feel free to enjoy the most relaxing bath you have ever had! It is the perfect remedy for your cellulite and for a good night’s sleep, too!