Congestion is only one of the unpleasant consequences of a cold or the flu. In order to prepare the following eucalyptus-based remedies, the only tools you’ll be needing are a fork and a cookie sheet. Moreover, you should know that you are not limited to using only one essential oil. You can use more and get your favorite fragrance.
What you need to know about essential oils before using them is that they should not be applied directly to the skin and ingesting them is definitely out of the question. On the same note, they should always be diluted when they are being used.
Here is everything you need to do in order to prepare this healing shower bomb. Here is the recipe that is going to take away all of those unpleasant effects brought by the flu.
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of salt
- 1 cup of baking soda
- Water – as much as you need
- Essential oils – peppermint and eucalyptus are a great option
- Take a bowl and start stirring the salt and the baking soda.
- Add the lemon juice progressively – you will notice a chemical reaction with the baking soda. Keep on stirring.
- Add water until you get the texture of a biscuit dough. It should be moist and crumbly. It needs to have the necessary amount of moisture so that it will stick together.
- Oil the cookie sheet, so that the dough will not stick. Coconut or almond oil are great for this stage.
- Start rolling the dough with your hands and place the ball of dough on the cookie sheet.
- Bake these balls for 10-20 minutes at 350 degrees. This will end up looking like some small and cute cookies.
- Place them on a separate plate and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- This is the stage where you can start adding 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 1 drop of peppermint essential oil to these freshly baked cookies.
- Then, you should let them sit overnight and cool properly.
- The next day place them in a jar. The longer they stay in there, the stronger they will become.
- They might be a bit too crumbly. Just add a bit more water the next time you are making them and it should be fine.
How to use these shower bombs?
The use of these remedies for cold or flu is incredibly easy. All you need to do is to place them on the floor of your shower when it is hot. The steam will work in forming a vapor which will clear your sinuses and offer you relief from the state of congestion you previously had. If you are having a bath instead, there is no reason to worry. Simply put the cookie into your bath tub and it will have the same effect. Just remember to keep the temperature of the water at a high value.