Some herbs are known for their calming and sedative proprieties that may help you relax and have a quality sleep, especially when you suffer from insomnia. These plants are even more efficient when we use them as essential oils.
As sleep deprivation is very dangerous for your overall health, you should not ignore this problem. Problems such as headaches, depression, high blood pressure, infertility, hormone imbalances, premature aging, and weight gain can be triggered or worsened by the lack of sleep.
The following salve recipe combines four essential oils, made from plants and fruits, all of them having wonderful benefits for the nervous system, but not only. The ingredients are easy to found, and you can also buy all of them online.
This salve is made of a mixture of essential oils, such as lavender, chamomile, cedarwood, marjoram, as well as other amazing ingredients, such as vitamin E, extra virgin olive oil and others. To make the homemade ointment thicker, we will use coconut oil and beeswax.
The Benefits of This Miraculous Salve
- Due to its ingredients, this homemade salve has extraordinary benefits for your health and sleep cycle. Even the coconut oil, which is generally used as a thickening agent, contains healthy fats that help your body produce sleep hormones.
- When it comes to lavender, everyone knows that this plant has powerful relaxing and calming proprieties. Lavender essential oil is used in aromatherapy, in order to calm both the mind and body.
- Chamomile is another plant famous for its therapeutic effects. It helps you to relax your muscle, but also to calm your mind.
- Marjoram essential oil has wonderful effects on your nervous system, as well as on your muscles. It has been proven that it can reduce stress and relax the body, especially the tensioned muscles.
- The scent of cedarwood is proven to evoke a feeling of relaxation and wellness, which will help you sleep better, too.
- Vitamin E is well-known for its fantastic effect on skin, as it repairs it and restores its elasticity. Moreover, it is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Olive oil is also loaded with antioxidants, which means that it acts against the action of free radicals. This contributes to maintaining your skin young and beautiful.
As all the ingredients have such great benefits on your body and mind, so it not surprising that combined, they boost their therapeutic qualities.
How to Prepare It
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 20 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 15 drops of marjoram essential oil
- 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- ¾ tablespoon of vitamin E
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml of extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax
Put the last three ingredients in a glass jar, and then place it in a small pot with water. Make sure you fill only half of the pot. Bring the water to a boiling point to melt the ingredients and stir them continuously. After they have melted, take the jar from the pot and let it cool down for a few minutes, then add the other ingredients one by one and stir to obtain a smooth paste.