Most, if not all teenagers go through this experience at some point during their lives. While it might feel embarrassing, getting acne or pimples is a very natural process that is vital to the healthy development of the human body. While there are some natural factors that cause them, like hormonal changes or sweating for prolonged periods of time, there are also other direct causes to consider, like using cheap, harsh cosmetics, eating unhealthily and not taking proper care of the skin.
While pimples are, in essence, a natural reaction to the changes that happen inside the body, they could be caused by bacterial infections. When this happens, the pimples tend to turn red and become even more uncomfortable, urging you to scratch them and irritate your skin in the process.
Fortunately for you, there are a few ways to treat them easily at home. Here are a few methods that you should try when you got a few minutes to spare:
Aspirin is composed mainly out of salicylic acid, which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Take 1 or 2 aspirin tablets and crush them until they turn into powder. You can mix it with a little bit of honey.
- Combine it with water until it turns into a paste
- Use the paste on the affected area
- Wait 30 minutes
- Wash the paste off with warm water
Like aspirin, cucumber has potent anti-inflammatory qualities. It prevents the pimples from becoming red by manipulating the blood vessels from the skin.
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces
- Put the pieces in the refrigerator for an hour
- Take one slice and position it over the pimples
- Remove it once it becomes warm and repeat the process presented above
Lemon is known for its many health benefits, especially for the skin. The citric acid present in the composition of lemons is a powerful weapon against the bacteria that causes red pimples.
- Squeeze a lemon into a glass and apply in on a cotton ball
- Clean the affected area with the cotton ball for about 5 minutes
- Wash your skin with warm water
- Do this for 2 or 3 times a day
Using aloe vera is one of the sure-fire ways of preventing and treating pimple redness. Its anti-inflammatory qualities cleanse the skin, reducing the redness of the pimples and eliminating them altogether.
- Cut the aloe vera neatly and pour the gel into a mug
- Mix it with lemon juice and massage the affected area with the mixture
- Let it dry
- Clean the skin with lukewarm water and wipe the affected area with a soft, clean towel
As you can see, there are many ways to treat not only the redness of the pimples but to eliminate them altogether using DIY methods that you can try at home. Follow these easy steps and the redness of the pimples should be reduced in no time.