Facials are a great way to treat and pamper your skin. The aromatherapy facials in particular will relax you and will also come with wonderful benefits for your face. They are the last trend in the beauty industry and increasingly more women are looking forward to using them. If you want to find out what essential oils can do for your skin, just read the tips below.
Aromatherapy Facials – Benefits
An aromatherapy facial is able to leave your skin clean, relaxed and shining. It can be used on all skin types.
Before applying the aromatherapy facial, you will have to perform a facial steam to clean your pores. This will eliminate all the impurities. Add essential oils to your water to also unclog your pores and leave your skin bright and shiny.
As already mentioned, an aromatherapy facial is going to instantly relax you. Your face will indulge in a multitude of aromatic products and essential oils that will soothe your nerves and senses. Apply these facials in the evening so as to promote a better sleep.
Essential Oils for Every Skin Type
The best thing about these aromatherapy facials is that they include numerous essential oils. This means that you will definitely find one that can suit your skin. Besides relaxing you, they can also cure rashes, acne and pimples.
Good-Bye Dead Cells
If your skin is dry, then an aromatherapy facial is efficient in eliminating those dead cells from your face. After the facial steam, you will perform an exfoliation process. Use an aroma scrub to rub your face and remove all the dead cells. You will instantly have a smoother skin.
You Can Do It at Home
Aromatherapy facials can be done at beauty salons and spas, but you can also try one at home. They’re easy to make and they will save you time and money. You just have to find out which is the best essential oil for your skin.
Homemade Aromatherapy Facial
Choosing the right essential oil for your skin type is extremely important. So, use orange oil, lemongrass oil, tea tree oil or lemon oil if you deal with an oily skin. A sensitive skin can be treated with vetiver or neroli oil. For normal skin, you can choose chamomile oil or lavender oil. Finally, if you have dry skin, you could go for sandalwood, rose or jasmine oil.
Here are some steps for making the perfect aromatherapy facial.
– Use dim lights and aromatic candles to make the perfect atmosphere.
– Mix some aloe vera gel with tea tree oil and olive oil and wash your face with this mixture.
– Add your preferred essential oil to a bowl of hot water and steam your face.
– Add some drops of essential oil in your massage cream and apply it on your face. Massage gently and remove it with a wet cotton ball.
– The next step is applying a face pack. Mix sandalwood powder with honey and yogurt and add 3 to 5 drops of tea tree essential oil.
– Wait until the mask becomes dry and wash it off. Apply a homemade aromatic toner. For a dry skin, you can mix 100 ml rose water with geranium and chamomile oils. If you have an oily skin, you can use lavender essential oil (6 drops) and tea tree essential oil (4 drops) added to 50 ml of distilled water.
This is your homemade aromatherapy facial. Simple, affordable and extremely beneficial!