What better way to benefit from lavender’s incredible properties than by having it incorporated into a fresh lemonade? Now, your drink will be more exotic, with calming herbal properties.
Lavender oil in its purest form can be used to improve your general condition, being one of the most powerful oils and a favorite among many people.
Essential lavender oil has many properties, such as:
- Germ free
- Pain relieving
Lavender oil also has other health benefits that must be taken into consideration:
- Good for diabetes – a 15-day study has been conducted on lavender oil and researchers were amazed by how many things this product can do. The oil protected diabetics from weight gain, increase of blood glucose, kidney and liver dysfunction and metabolic disorders.
- It heals cuts and burns – due to its anti-microbial property, this amazing oil can heal cuts and burns in no time.
- Boosts up your mood and helps the brain – studies in 2013 have shown that besides treating anxiety, depression and stress, lavender can also reduce the symptoms and stop the development of Alzheimer disease. According to these studies, there were no side effects to patients who have consumed lavender oil.
- Reduces headaches and migraines – there are people who have been struggling with headaches and migraines all their lives. Lavender seems to be the natural cure that might turn migraines in nothing but a bad dream. A study published in the European Journal of Neurology has proven that people were more relieved and the pain was reduced after they inhaled lavender oil for 15 minutes. Lavender oil is also great at reducing labor pains.
- Good for age spots – mix lavender oil with frankincense essential oil and put it on your skin in the morning after you take a shower. You can also apply it before you go to bed. It has quite the same effect.
What do I need for this lemonade?
In order to make this delicious lavender lemonade, you will need:
- The juice of 4 lemons. Make sure you peel them first.
- Warm water – 7 cups
- ¾ cup of honey
- ½ drop lavender oil
How is it made?
Your first step is to put half of the water into a kettle or a pot and heat it until it reaches its boiling point. Remove the kettle off the heat. Then, you can add honey and lavender oil. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then, you can strain and pour the mix into a glass bottle or a large recipient. Add in the lemon juice and the rest of the water. Stir well and then place the lemonade into the fridge.
After the lemonade cools down, you can pour yourself a glass and enjoy this natural beverage. If you are suffering from stress, depression, insomnia or anxiety, you should see the effect right away, especially since lavender is known to calm down your nerves.
Find us on Facebook