Tomatoes can be consumed in salads, as juice or can be used topically for various skin and complexion problems. They have an overall remineralising effect and also detoxifying, alkalising, anti-infectious, diuretic, antiscorbutic and tonic properties. Tomatoes stimulate the digestion, dissolve uric acid bladder stones, help eliminate urea from the blood and maintain a metabolic equilibrium at cellular level.
Consumed in salads, tomatoes are recommended for:
- Chronic intoxications
- Arthritis, gout, rheumatism, azotemia
- Constipation, enteritis
- Vascular problems
- For liver diseases, slow digestion or tegumentary eruptions, eat 2-3 fresh tomatoes first thing in the morning.
Tomato juice (1 glass a day, for extended periods) is good for:
- Heart insufficiency, atherosclerosis
- Urinary and biliary lithiasis
- Gastric hyperacidity
- Obesity (drink at least 1 glass of juice first thing in the morning)
Dermatologic and cosmetic uses:
- For complexion clearing, make a face mask from crushed tomatoes. Wash your face with warm water and apply the tomatoes for at least 20 minutes, then wash again with warm water.
- For skin revitalisation, massage the area with fresh juice. Also, in the evening, wash your face with warm water and rub the area with a tomato cut in half. Leave until morning and wash again with warm water.
- For acne, dab the spots with tomato slices several times a day for at least 3-4 weeks.
- For hand care, prepare a nutritive milk from 50 ml tomato juice, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and a pinch of salt. Massage the hands gently with this mixture.