Eating a salad in the morning is a great way to start your day. All those nutrients will be adored by your body. However, there is a secret formula that has the ability to maximize the effects of such a salad.
The secret lies in the fact that there are some nutrients and antioxidants which are known to be fat-soluble. This means that in order for them to be absorbed properly by the body, they need to be consumed in combination with fats. What are the best fats to take in the morning? Eggs! They offer protein, antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin and the best way to absorb the nutrients is to add them to your salad, preferably poached.
Free range eggs are richer in nutrients than the commercialized ones, as there are big differences regarding the quality of the food chickens ate and the conditions they have been living in.
If you want to increase the power of this breakfast and add more antioxidants and nutrients to the combination, include turmeric. It will offer increased protection to your body and help you fight against free radicals: it will block them and then it will begin to stimulate the body’s antioxidant mechanisms.
Since inflammation is the main cause for many conditions such as heart disease, cancer or Alzheimer’s, Curcuma is the best ally in fighting them. It is as powerful as some anti-inflammatory medication and has the ability to block NF-kB, a molecule that plays a great role in the inflammation process.
Adding pepper to this breakfast will increase the rate of nutrients’ absorption to 400%! Wondering how to prepare this healthy bomb? Here is the recipe!
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup of Organic Girl Pepper Greens
- Salt and pepper
- Organic girl pea shoots
Turmeric Pepper Sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 ½ lemon juice
- ½ cup of butter
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. of turmeric
- Black pepper
The preparation process
- Add the ingredients for the sauce (the egg yolks and the lemon juice) in a bowl and mix them until the mixture is thick enough. Put the bowl in a saucepan with a bit of simmering water and start whisking the composition rapidly until it doubles its volume. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and turmeric.
- Place 1 cup of Organic Girl Pepper Greens on a plate and place tomato slices on them.
- Poach the eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, reheat the sauce by using the same method you applied when cooking
- Place the eggs on the greens and cover them with the sauce. Add the tomatoes. You may spice it up if you wish.
This is an amazing breakfast that can provide your body with all the nutrients it needs and which can help you have a much nicer start of a day. There is a reason why some like to call it “the breakfast of the champions”!