After reading this article, we guarantee you that you will never look at a banana the same again. Bananas contain glucose, fructose and sucrose, three natural sugars that are combined with fibers. Eating a banana will give you instant energy and, according to various studies that have been made, 2 bananas will provide you with enough energy for 90 minutes of physical exercises. Moreover, these fruits will also prevent you from getting any unpleasant conditions on the long run, so they must be included into your everyday diet.
Here are the diseases bananas will keep you away from:
- Depression – A recent study has been made on people who suffer from depression and they all confirmed that after eating a banana a day, they felt much better. Bananas contain tryptophan, a protein converted by your body into serotonin, a substance that will lift the mood and make you happier.
- PMS – Leave medication aside and eat a banana. It has vitamin B6 that will regulate the levels of glucose in the blood, lifting up your mood.
- Anemia – Because bananas contain a great amount of iron, they will stimulate the production of hemoglobin, which will keep anemia away.
- Blood pressure – High in potassium, but low in salt, this fruit is going to stabilize any varying blood pressure. It will reduce it if it is high and lower the chances of getting a stroke.
- Power for the brain – 2 bananas a day can significantly improve the performance of your brain. They are packed with potassium, a substance that can help you learn by maintaining you alert.
- Constipation – Due to the fact that they contain a lot of fibers, they will maintain the constant movement of the bowels, impeding any digestive problem from occurring.
- Hangovers – A banana milkshake with honey is a fast and easy way to cure a hangover. Your stomach will be calmed and the whole system will be re-hydrated.
- Heartburn – For a quick relief, if you suffer from heartburn, bananas will help you. They have an antacid effect on the body, so you should feel better right away.
- Morning sickness – You can avoid it by eating a banana between the meals. The level of sugar in the blood will be kept up and you should feel better the next day.
- Mosquitos – You can even rub a banana on the affected area. Actually, it is the inside skin. You will find relief and the irritation and swelling will be reduced.
- Maintaining the weight – If you are stressed and tend to eat a lot, you should go for some high-carbohydrate foods, such as bananas. They will keep the blood sugar under control and, this way, you will avoid other food cravings.
- Ulcers – Because of its smooth texture, bananas are the only fruits which can be consumed without any distress in over-chronicle cases. The irritation of the stomach and the over-acidity can be overcome by consuming bananas.
- Temperature – An expectant mother can eat bananas to lower her physical and emotional temperature. Many cultures embrace this practice.
Compared to an apple, bananas have twice the number of carbohydrates, four times the proteins, three times the phosphorus, five times vitamin A and iron, and twice all the other vitamins and minerals. Quite amazing, right?