These three fruits are a great choice, especially for the cold season. Rich in nutrients and vitamins, kaki, kiwi, and oranges make the perfect combo to fight viruses and infections. They will boost your energy level and make you feel revigorated in no time!
The mix between these three fruits will improve your eyesight, the circulatory system, digestion, cognitive functions and raise your immunity.
Benefits of Kaki
- It will provide your body 70 kcal/100 grams and is also low in fats.
- Containing catechins and Gallo catechins, they have powerful antioxidants that will help you detox your organism.
- This fruit has a compound called betulinic acid that is actually known for its anti-cancer properties.
Benefits of Kiwi
- Rich in vitamin C, it has over 5 times more vitamin C than an orange.
- It offers a complex of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K.
- Minerals, like copper and potassium, are a major part of kiwis.
Benefits of Oranges
- Besides vitamin C, oranges provide the body with dietary fibers good for the digestive system.
- Pantothenic acid and folate are important nutrients that benefit the body. The orange fruit also has minerals, such as calcium, potassium or copper.
Kaki, kiwi, and oranges will increase the bone mass, reduce inflammation, aging-signs, tiredness and blood pressure. They will also prevent cancer, wrinkles, stimulate metabolism, lower the bad cholesterol and help you lose weight.
Recipe for kiwi, kaki and orange fruit salad
Ingredients: one kaki, one kiwi, one orange (or two mandarins), one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Preparation: wash the kaki, and chop it into small cubes. Peel off the orange and the kiwi, then cut them into small pieces as well. Place the fruits in a bowl and pour the fresh lemon juice over them and mix.
You can also opt for a more colorful fruit salad and add different fruits you have around the kitchen, like a banana, or a mango.
Advice: if apples or pears are your choices, remember that they tend to oxidize very quickly. Chop the fruits into cubes, and after you’ve put then in a bowl, pour some water combined with lemon juice to prevent the fruits from changing their color.
Pineapple or pomegranate seeds will make your fruit salad look more festive, especially if you decorate it with small mint leaves.
If you would like your salad to have some extra juice, you could also squeeze some oranges, or add any kind of fresh, natural juice.
Keep in mind that it’s best to make a quantity which will be eaten all at once. Even kept in the refrigerator, cut fruits may change their color, taste as well as their attributes.
A bowl of fruit salad will help your organism stay healthy and protected against colds and germs. A daily portion of fruits will keep you away from doctors and offer a boost of energy!
Find us on Facebook