Loaded with nutrients and fibers, this delicious green smoothie leaves no place for snacking in the middle of the afternoon. Rich in iron, fiber and protein, not to mention the many antioxidants that it has, spinach is a great detoxification element. Studies have shown that thanks to this smoothie, your cravings will be long gone. Also, your metabolism will be improved due to the pineapple in it, which can boost fat loss as well.
Green apples and cucumbers are excellent fruits in the battle against weight loss. Apples are rich in fibers and cucumbers help by adding extra bulk, but without including calories and fat.
The fibers level can be boosted by adding flax seeds, which also contain omega-3 fatty acids, increasing the satiety feeling. Digestive health and weight loss are promoted by the regular consumption of flax seeds, as studies have shown over the years.
A handful of parsley gives a delicious aroma to the smoothie and boosts its power, by helping your body get rid of any water excess.
The base of this smoothie is low-fat yogurt, incredible for burning fat and digestion.
Ingredients needed and preparation process
Ingredients that you will need:
- A green apple
- A cucumber
- Ground flax seeds
- Ice cubes
- A knife
- Low-fat yogurt
- A blender
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Take the blender, make sure it is clean and add ½ to 1 cup of fat low yogurt inside.
- Wash the spinach leaves and then throw them in.
- Chop up the pineapple in rough pieces and add half a cup.
- Remove the seeds from the green apple, chop it into chunks and add them to the mix.
- Put in 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds.
- Add a little bit of parsley.
- Turn the blender on and blend really well for one minute. If there are still any pieces of fruits left, blend for some more minutes until you have a green sauce.
- Add in the ice cubes.
- Blend the mix again.
Now, you can pour the mixture into a jar or a bigger glass and serve it. You can also make a larger quantity if you do not have the time to stay every morning and take care of it. The additional left smoothie can be stored into the fridge with an air-lock lid on.
When choosing the apples, make sure they are sweet enough, but not overly sugar-ish. The cucumber should also look young, not all wrinkled. The high quality of the fruits leads to a greater amount of vitamins, nutrients and fibers. For a little more flavor, you can always add some lemon juice.