Contrary to what many might think or say, the list of diabetic foods is very comprehensive and it allows a diabetic person a lot of sweet escapades. Diabetics need to feed themselves just as healthy as nondiabetics. You will see that diabetes diet is very similar to that of a person who wants to eat healthy. There are a few prohibitions, but mostly, diabetes diet should be as rich and diversified as possible.
Experts in nutrition have discovered that diabetes can be controlled and resolved only through a balanced diet. Diet is actually the first and primary healing therapy for all types of patients.
Specialists say that diabetes should eat less but more than once per day, even 5-6 meals a day. It’s extremely important to keep a diet route or to schedule a simple timetable of meals. Dinner is to be served at least 2-3 hours before bedtime.
A diabetic person must establish optimal carbohydrates quantities, as they were recommended by his physician. In general, the amount of diabetes carbohydrates per day is between 120 and 200 grams. In addition, herbs can be consumed freely, proteins and good fats. In the end, a diabetic can eat normally, as any other person, as long as there are no excesses in any respect.
Prohibited foods for diabetes
Diabetics are advised to eat fruits and bakery products with moderation. The maximum amount of bread allowed per day is of 2 slices. In particular, avoid salt, sugar and fats. Sweets are indicated only if hypoglycemia occurs. A diabetic can taste a square of chocolate from time to time without crossing the line.
Other foods with high glycemic index are not recommended in case of diabetes:
• Beans, peas, lentils
• Flour: sugar cookies, biscuits
• Honey, malt, halva, jams, marmalade, ice cream
• Fruits: white grapes, figs, raisins, prunes, dates, chestnuts
• Wort, sweet wine, beer, liquors, syrups
Foods allowed in diabetic diet
There are foods that diabetics can eat with their full mouth, and foods that need to be weighed first. Here is what you can eat without problems:
• Vegetables – tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, red and white cabbage, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, endive, radishes, carrots, celery, beets, spinach, sorrel, dandelion, leeks, lettuce, onions, garlic
• Fruits – lemons, melons, cherries, currants, nuts
• Meat – chicken, beef, lamb and fish especially – pike, herring, cod, carp, perch, trout
• Dairy products – milk, cream, cheese, butter, cream
• Fresh Eggs
• Fat: Sunflower oil and olive butter, margarine
• Soft drinks – tea, coffee, spring water
Foods that must be weighed
You can indulge yourself a little of each of the products below:
• Fresh fruit – raspberries, strawberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, apples, apricots, cherries, oranges, plums
• Dairy: sweet milk, yogurt, cottage cheese,
• Fresh and toasted graham or white bread, pasta
• Beans and peas
• White wine, brandy, cognac
Diabetic Diet Tips and Other Secrets:
1. Bread is good to be eaten according to this plan: one slice at 11 o’clock in the morning and one slice in the evening at 17.
2. Keep your mouth and skin strictly hygiene strictly
3. Wash your teeth and feet frequently
4. Avoid cold
5. Avoid strong emotions and noise
6. Follow the proper hours of sleep
7. Avoid sedentariness
8. Walk in nature, make small trips and engage in light sports.