Plaque is a sticky, soft layer of bacteria located on your teeth, gums, tongue, dentures and crowns. When more layers are accumulating and are combined with the minerals from your saliva, it will turn into a harder, calcified substance named tartar.
A bad brushing technique, poor oral hygiene, the poor food choices, heredity or the lack of regular professional care can all cause this issue. If you have it, here are some natural ways to treat it:
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil should be swished in your mouth for 15 minutes.
- You will have to spit it out afterwards. Don’t swallow it because it’s extremely toxic.
- Start brushing your teeth normally.
- Repeat this action every day, in the morning.
- On your wet toothbrush add some baking soda and start brushing your teeth. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- You can also mix 1 of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Brush your teeth and mouth and then spit it out and rinse with clean water.
- Wash some guava leaves very well and start chewing them, and then spit them out. Do this every day and you will see how the plaque on your teeth will be reduced.
- Another way to use guava is to put salt on a piece of unripe guava and start chewing it once or twice a day for a couple of days.
- Extract the pulp from the leaf of an Aloe Vera plant and rub it directly on your teeth and the lines of your gum.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
- Take a few drops of olive oil and mix it with 1 teaspoon of powdered cloves.
- Apply the paste on your teeth and then rinse it using cold water. For a better result, repeat the process twice a day.
- You can also chew 1 or 2 cloves regularly to ensure the health of your oral cavity and to keep bad breath at a distance.
- Take ½ cup of warm water and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of white vinegar in it.
- Use this mixture twice a day and prevent the accumulation of plaque on your teeth.
- Before you go to bed, make sure that you rub the inside part of an orange peel on your teeth and gums.
- Let it sit overnight and take it out the next morning.
Rosemary essential oil
- You need 1 tablespoon of water in which you are going to mix 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Swish the mixture on your teeth for 10 minutes and then spit it out. Rinse with clean water. You can repeat the process every day.
- Take a bag of black tea and steep it in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Take the bag out and then rinse your mouth with this tea once a day.
- After every meal, you should eat a small amount of hard cheese, just to avoid the process of plaque formation. The calcium and phosphates in the cheese will remineralize your teeth.