Menopause is a difficult time to pass for sensitive women. This mid-age transition causes a lot of hormonal fluctuations and stressful mood changes. Most women are affected today by depression symptoms caused by menopausal period.
Factors that lead to emotional impairments and menopausal depression are complex and multiple: family depression history, major life changes such as the death of a close person, aging, weight gain or sexual hormones produced at menopause.
Herbs for menopause depression
1. Rattles. Rattle essential oils have a tranquilizing effect. This plant contains flavonoids that influence the level of serotonin – the happiness hormone. The higher the level of serotonin is, the better you will feel both physically and mentally. Rattles also helps relieve pain and improves insomnia. Drink 3-4 cups of rattle infusion a day to benefit of this herb’s effects.
2. Hop. Volatile hop oils are good for the central nervous system as they offer a soft calming effect. You can also drink hop tea in order to treat menopausal depression. Slip two spoons of hop in a cup of water and allow it to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Drink the hop tea in the evening before bed for maximal results.
3. Linden. This is the most popular herb with a sedative effect. It can heal depression and insomnia in both adults and children. Prepare an infusion of 20 grams of plant and one liter of hot water. Drink the linden tea before night sleep.
4. Primrose. This herb treats efficiently migraines, insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks and depression in menopausal women. Drink 3 cups of primrose tea per day. The tea is made from a teaspoon of primrose flowers or root, infused for 10 minutes.
5. Valerian. Bad moods, nervousness, anxiety, depression and headaches can be alleviated with valerian. Drink a cup of valerian and rattles tea added in equal quantities. Valerian is one of the most famous antidepressive relaxing plants. You can also use aromatic valerian oil for you evening baths or valerian tincture – 5 drops in tea or 20 drops in the hot tub. For a good night sleep, place Valerian springs with flowers on your pillow.
6. Rosemary, green tea, thyme, coriander, ginseng and balm can also be used for depression in menopause. You can drink herbal tea in the evening or use essential oils to calm neurosis and depression.
Note: This information does not replace medical advice. Do not use this information for self-diagnosis or self-treatment.