Palpitations are characterized by irregular heart beat, sometimes going too fast or too hard and even fluttering. They can be a frightful thing to experience and the first thing you should do in case this happens to you is to not panic! Believe it or not, it will make your heart rhythm go crazy; instead, you should try relaxing, as palpitations are often generated by excessive stress and anxiety. Try the following home remedies in order to reduce the nuisance palpitations produce.
- Breathing Profoundly. Panic attacks often cause the occurrence of palpitations, therefore in order to control your heart beat, you ought to practice breathing exercises. The purpose to these exercises is to gain power over your palpitations, while controlling your breathing. At first, it will be difficult to concentrate on your breathing, but it will get better with time and you will notice improvements.
- Cold Water. If you feel like your heart rhythm is out of control, you can also try rinsing your face using cold water. You can also try taking a cold shower. The effect cold water generates on your body will reboot your heart rhythm. However, if you tend to catch a cold easily, this remedy is not recommendable for you to try.
- Thanks to its richness in fiber, the use of guava will help you reduce blood pressure; therefore it diminishes the frequency of convulsions and palpitations. Consume it on an empty stomach in order benefit from its properties.
- Honey and lemon. Prepare yourself a drink consisting of lemon juice and honey and it will reduce the regularity of palpitations, as it stimulates proper blood circulation.
- Meditating and Yoga. This is a popular practice that helps you cope with stressful dispositions and panic attacks, which are really common to palpitations. It is an effective method that helps you control your breathing; therefore helping you accomplish control over your heart rhythm. Moreover, it enhances the health condition of your nervous system, preventing the occurrence of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Try Coughing. When you notice the occurrence of heart palpitations, try coughing really hard in order to reset your cardiac rhythm. Sometimes, this is all it takes to bring it back to normal.
- Fresh organic grape juice is also recommendable to those who suffer from palpitation. It aims at setting your cardiac rhythm right, stimulating a proper blood circulation.
- If you want to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle, including exercise in your daily routine is a must. A sedentary lifestyle determines a poor blood circulation, which may trigger the appearance of a heart condition later on. Therefore, at least 30 minutes a day, you should try exercising in order to lower the frequency of palpitations.
Bear in mind that these homemade practices should not replace proper treatment. If you suffer from acute palpitations, it is recommendable to make a doctor’s appointment.