Dandruff is a common skin condition that occurs to most people. It is genuinely disturbing because it is really unaesthetic and can be terribly embarrassing. So of course you want to get rid of it! You needn’t worry; the solution may be just around the corner – apple cider vinegar.
What You Should Know About Dandruff
Dandruff is the result of the peeling of dead cells from your scalp. Apparently, the cells that cause the problem are those that grow and die too fast, causing excessive flaking. Dandruff can be accompanied by irritated scalp and redness that often determines itching too.
What Causes the Appearance of Dandruff?
- Dry Skin – This is often one of the causes that triggers the appearance of dandruff. There is a general point of view which assumes that dandruff equals dry skin; however this is not always the case.
- Oily Skin – Dandruff can also be the result of excessive sebum secretion, which is a typical feature for oily skin. Moreover, seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that is also common for oily skin; it causes the scalp to become red and irritated, being covered with dandruff.
- Several Skin Conditions – Other skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis can cause the emergence of dandruff.
- Raised Sensitivity to Hair Care Products – If your scalp skin is sensitive and predisposed to irritations, certain hair care products may be harmful for it. These products contain a wide range of chemicals and if your scalp is extremely sensitive, these products may cause irritation and dandruff. Additionally, shampooing too often can be detrimental for your scalp, raising its sensitivity.
What You Should Know about Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-fungus properties, apple cider vinegar functions effectively as a natural remedy against dandruff. Its high acidity manages to modify the PH level of your scalp, hindering the fungus from spreading. By doing this, your scalp is reinvigorated, and it no longer presents a friendly environment for the fungus to develop in.
Further Tips about Apple Cider Vinegar
- It is really important to choose organic, unrefined vinegar, in order to benefit from its properties entirely.
- Keep in mind that you ought to shake the bottle before using the vinegar, in order for its ingredients to be distributed equally.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Your Dandruff
After washing your hair normally, mix a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup of water. Place the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on your scalp.
- Wrap your hair with a towel and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, rinse your hair with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure until your dandruff secretion is diminished.
- Before applying apple cider vinegar on your scalp, be sure to test its effect on a small portion of skin to observe its reaction. It may cause irritation to those who have from very sensitive skin.