Gelatin contains proline and glycine (amino acids) that help us maintain fit and boost our immunity. Besides, these amino acids are necessary for the nail, hair, skin health.
Moreover, the glycine from the gelatin powder is useful for those persons who have problems sleeping.
Why do you eat gelatin in the hospital?
Doctors recommended gelatin to patients because their stomach can’t digest complex foods. Gelatin is regarded as a “clear liquid” like juice, tea or water and that’s why it’s given to people; it’s easy to digest.
Sick persons have to get their caloric intake in a way in which the stomach can’t be affected, and gelatin contains a big amount of calories. Besides, it’s easy to digest, so it’s perfect for the people who are in the process of getting better.
Gelatin has the power to stimulate healthy bowel movements and good intestinal transit, absorb water and keep fluid in the digestive tract.
In addition, gelatin increases digestive strength and gut integrity by boosting the gastric acid secretion and restoring a healthy mucosal lining in our tummy. The most frequent digestive problems are low stomach acid and impaired gut barrier.
- The results of a new study have shown that the amino acid glycine from gelatin can make you sleep better. Besides, it increases the cognitive function.
- Basically, gelatin is prepared with collagen. So, if you consume this product, you can boost the elasticity of the skin.
- Specialists affirm that gelatin improves the production of human growth hormone. Thus it can make you lose weight, and it increases the metabolism function.
- Because it has anti-inflammatory properties, it accelerates the process of healing.
- Another compound of gelatin is keratin, which can increase the quality of your nails, teeth and hair.
- The active compound glycine aids the liver to eliminate the toxins from our organism in an efficient way.
- Gelatin can boost your digestion functions because it helps the food pass through the digestive tract without difficulty.
- Gelatin is rich in amino acids which are good for our joints and bone structure. It has the power to inhibit degeneration and weakness of cartilage in joints.
- If you have intolerances or allergic reactions to some foods, include gelatin to your meals because it has the ability to heal the lining of the stomach.
- Also, it’s full in protein. One tablespoon contains 6 grams of protein.
If you want to prepare jelly at home, you will need the following ingredients: honey or stevia, 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 cup of grape juice or fresh strawberries, 1 cup of green tea and 3 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin.
First, prepare the green tea with honey and stevia. Then, combine with the unflavored gelatin. Mix. Then, let it get cold. Mix the grape and orange juice into this composition. Put the final liquid into a container and place it in the fridge for 3 hours.