Let’s cut it down to the chase – you have done everything in your power to conceal your double chin, right? Still, you cannot wear a scarf around your neck on a regular basis. So, what do you do in this direction?
A double chin doesn’t appear overnight, but it is a clear indicator of being overweight. When combined with saggy skin caused by aging, the result is a less elastic skin. And the last factor that contributes to its appearance is genetics – there are cases in which a double chin can be of hereditary nature.
Even though numerous technological advancements guarantee to remove the dreaded double chin, the primary drawback is that these procedures are expensive, and they may leave you with a deep hole in your pocket. If you don’t have the budget to opt for such a surgery, we present to you a couple of easy alternatives you could try at home.
When used on a regular basis, cocoa butter aims at enhancing the skin’s elasticity, which, in time, may reduce your double chin. Follow the next steps:
- Warm some cocoa butter in the microwave.
- Massage the butter into the skin surrounding your chin.
- It’s best to do it before taking a shower in the morning, or before bedtime.
Another simple and efficient way you can say goodbye to your double chin (for good) is by assembling an all-natural mask with glycerin.
- Mix one tablespoon of glycerin with a few drops of peppermint essential oil, and a tablespoon of Epsom salt.
- Apply the solution on the neck and chin areas.
- Allow it to absorb the mixture for a couple of minutes, and after it has dried off, only wash the neck with lukewarm water.
The primary effect of egg whites on your skin is that of making it tight and supple, which is why we recommend it as a remedy for eliminating your double chin. It has guaranteed effects. Plus, since egg whites are equipped with protein, they contribute to enhancing the appearance and health of the skin as well.
- Whisk two egg whites, and add a tablespoon of honey, milk, lemon juice, and a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Apply this mask evenly on the area surrounding your chin.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Rinse the mask with plenty of warm water.
Wheat germ oil
Another effective way to reduce your double chin is by massaging that area with wheat germ oil. What makes it the ideal ingredient for this problem is its high levels of vitamin E, which aim at deeply hydrating the skin, while improving its suppleness.
- Before bedtime, massage a generous amount of the oil into the skin whose appearance you wish to improve.
- Just rub the liquid into the skin from the bottom of the neck, until you reach the chin. Ideally, this massage should last for 15 minutes.
- Allow the oil to absorb into the skin overnight.