Joint and muscle pains are common health problems that people often assume cannot see improvement from any diet. But that is far from the truth. A healthy diet can provide benefits to all aspects of your body, providing it the right fuel that allows its impressive self-healing abilities to kick in at full strength.
Here are five healthy drinks for the purpose.
Drinks that will relieve muscle or joint pains
- Spinach smoothie
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, which are powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking this smoothie on a regular basis will allow you to feel relief from the damage sustained by your muscles and joints and can be used as a preventive measure as well.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups water
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- Blend the spinach with water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend once more. You’re good to go!
- Blueberry and walnut smoothie
Both of the main ingredients are known anti-inflammatories.
- 1 cup walnut milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- One tablespoon flax seeds
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- One tablespoon molasses
- a few ice cubes
- Simple and fast: place everything in a blender and blend until the composition is smooth. It is then ready to serve.
- Bone broth
This can be found in various stores, but you can easily prepare it yourself. The solution contains glucosamine and chondroitin sulphates, making ideal against inflammation and the results it leads to; people living with arthritis or those that simply have joint pain can find relief when drinking bone broth on a regular basis.
- Animal bones, fat, vegetables of your choice and water
- Place the bones in a pot and cover them entirely with water.
- Add two spoons of apple cider vinegar in order to better extract the nutrients from the bones.
- Let it boil slowly. It is essential in order to extract as many nutrients as possible. We recommend 24 hours for chicken bones and 48 hours for beef bones.
- You can add vegetables of your choice a few hours before the cooking is over.
- Let it cool off, remove the layer of fat on top, and you are set to eat/drink the broth.
- Turmeric tea
Studies have shown that turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, mainly due to a compound called curcumin. Here is how you can make use of it.
- One teaspoon turmeric (or more)
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 cups of water
- almond milk
- a pinch of clove, nutmeg, and black pepper each
- Blend all the ingredients bar the milk and honey in boiling water.
- Add milk and honey. Enjoy it!
- Ginger smoothie
Another powerful and natural anti-inflammatory is ginger. Here is a simple smoothie you can prepare with it.
- ¼ sliced ginger
- 5 cups of water
- One tablespoon honey
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- Boil the ginger in water
- Let it simmer for five 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add the sugar and honey, stir well.
- Strain the composition and you are done.
These excellent drinks can provide great relief from muscle and joint pains, but they need to be part of a healthy lifestyle. Avoid things like alcohol, soda or milk, as they can exacerbate inflammatory problems.