Pneumonia is a condition that manifests through the inflammation of the lungs due to the presence of a virus or a bacterium. If left untreated, it can be lethal. Usually, it can be treated with powerful antibiotics, but their downside is that the chemicals they contain will also harm other parts of your body.
So, for a more natural approach, here are 12 natural remedies used in curing pneumonia for ages:
- Lemon juice – Since it is filled with vitamin C, it will boost your immune system, making you more resistant to pneumonia and keeping colds at bay.
- Water and baking soda – one glass of water mixed with ¼ tsp. of baking soda can make miracles for your body. It can take out toxins if you drink it twice a day. It can also regulate your pH level, making the environment improper for the development of bacteria and viruses.
- Ginger tea – You just have to grate a piece of ginger in a cup of boiling water. You may add a teaspoon of honey. Drink it every evening, before going to sleep.
- Oregano oil – This oil has incredible abilities when it comes to fighting viruses and bacteria. Thus, you will only need 2-3 drops of it in a glass of fresh juice, to feel relief from this respiratory condition called pneumonia.
- Milk and turmeric – The antimicrobial and mucolytic properties of turmeric can heal your pneumonia. Just take a glass of warm milk and dissolve one teaspoon of turmeric in it. Drink this mixture once a day.
- Steam bath – While you are in the shower, place inside a bucket filled with boiling water and a few drops of essential oil. Close the door and inhale the steam.
- Inhaling steam – Place your face over a pot filled with boiling water and keep your head covered with a towel. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to make the treatment even more powerful.
- Fenugreek tea – 1 tsp. of this tea should be boiled in 2 cups of water. Strain it and let it cool before drinking it. Drinking this 4 times a day will remove the toxins and treat congestion.
- Cayenne pepper – This wonder-spice removes the mucous in the airways and improves your breathing. Take a glass of water and mix it with some lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Drink it a few times a day.
- Garlic tea – Add half of a teaspoon of garlic in a cup of boiling water and let it steep for a few minutes. Drink this tea 3 times a day to fight pneumonia.
- Basil leaves and black pepper – Extract the juice of the basil leaves and sprinkle some black pepper all over it. Add some water and drink this mixture every 6-7 hours to fight pneumonia.
- Veggie juice – the following juice can be consumed only on an empty stomach and only with the following ingredients: 1 part juice from a cucumber, 3 parts carrots juice and 1 part beet juice. Mix them and you can consume the juice. So simple and effective!