Tea is the second most popular drink in the entire world and it has been consumed by people for thousands of years now. In 1800, it became even more popular, as it required the process of boiling water, which would ultimately kill all the viruses and bacteria causing conditions such as cholera or typhoid.
The tea we are going to talk about originates from the leaves and buds of a plant named Camilla Sinensis. There are also other varieties of this tea such as black, green, oolong or white which come from the same plant, but the preparation process differs. It is extremely beneficial for your health and here are the areas it successfully covers:
- Fights cancer – The tea contains some substances called polyphenols. They are antioxidants which protect the body against degenerative disorders and prevent the growth of bad cells. Green tea is the richest in these substances, due to the manner in which it is prepared.
- Improves the function of the brain – The combination of caffeine, the amino acid L-theanine, and the catechins has been proven to boost the alertness and the accuracy of attention – switching after 2 hours have passed since the consumption. The accuracy of the eyes and the hearing are also affected in a positive manner.
- Weight loss – The catechins and caffeine will help you lose those extra pounds. Green tea is known for increasing the expenditure of energy, which leads to breaking down the fat cells.
- Diabetes – According to a study, women who drink 4-6 cups of green tea per day are less predisposed to develop type II diabetes. Improvements were also found in the process of fasting the blood insulin. On the same note, the waist line was significantly smaller.
- Heart disease – The studies that have been run on this subject have shown that both green tea and black tea are of great help when it comes to reducing the risk of developing a heart disease in adults, but also in those who are predisposed to this condition. Both of these types of tea will reduce blood pressure significantly. At the same time, black tea is able to bring to a low level the bad cholesterol, while green tea will reduce the cholesterol levels on the overall.
The truth is that tea has always been one of those drinks that has a relaxing effect on us. It is able to bring us the comfort and the calm that we need. It is a feeling that sense from the moment we start preparing it: from boiling the water to brewing it and then enjoying it while reading a book. If we are also to take into consideration the fact that it has a beneficial effect on our lives and that will help us live longer and much happier, we can only increase the daily amount of tea we drink every day.
Find us on Facebook