Fenugreek is part of the Fabaceae family and it’s considered a perennial plant. It grows all over the world and it’s mainly known for its seeds that are used for various dishes. They flavor the food and have an incredible positive effect for the weight loss. They are also used for a healthy hair.
Preparing Fenugreek Tea
Fenugreek is best consumed as tea. It is affordable, easy to make and it comes with a wide array of benefits. Buy the fenugreek seeds from the healthy food store and crush them. Boil a cup of water and add the seeds. Cover the tea and let it steep for about 3 minutes. Strain the liquid, add stevia, honey or sugar and consume it either cold or hot.
Fenugreek Tea – Benefits
So, you have brewed your cup of fenugreek tea, but now let’s see what its benefits are and how it can help you.
– Fenugreek tea is a great laxative and it’s extremely helpful for those suffering from constipation. Moreover, it’s considered one of the most effective natural laxatives. At the same time, it’s useful in diminishing the blood sugar levels.
– If you suffer from hot flushes or menstrual cramps, then you could also benefit from the fenugreek tea benefits. Consume this beverage during your pre-menstrual syndrome and during your period to get rid of the annoying and painful symptoms.
– Fenugreek tea is also efficient in relieving body odor and bad breath. You can drink it, but you can also add to your bath water. Soak in the water for 10 – 15 minutes to eliminate the body odor.
– Fenugreek and fenugreek tea respectively are rich in minerals and vitamins and contain substances that are similar to estrogen. If you are a nursing mother, you can consume fenugreek tea regularly to increase the milk. This way, you will pass all the vitamins and minerals to the baby.
– Fenugreek tea is also a natural cleanser. It detoxifies the intestines and the kidneys and it must be included in your daily diet. It’s a powerful detox agent.
– As already mentioned, fenugreek tea reduces the blood sugar levels, but it is also useful in reducing the cholesterol levels and helping you eliminate the fat from the body.
– In strong connection with the above paragraph, we can say that fenugreek tea is of great help for the weight loss as it suppresses the appetite. Therefore, include it in your weight loss diet to get rid of those extra pounds.
– Fenugreek tea is also friendly with the heart, reducing the risks of heart diseases and heart attacks.
– Fenugreek tea has anti-inflammatory properties and can efficiently treat ankle pains or joint pains. It can be consumed by those who suffer from arthritis or rheumatism.
– It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from colds or the flu. It is a mucus solvent and decongestant for the throat, sinus, digestive tract and nose. It also reduces fever and treats sore throats. If you have a cold, consume a warm fenugreek tea every day so as to get rid of the virus.