There are numerous people suffering from kidney stones and their number is alarmingly increasing. Surgery is one way to eliminate these stones and get rid of the problem. Still, there are many other home remedies that can help people treat this conditions naturally. The crystallized mineral deposits inside the kidneys are the so-called stones. They can even develop in the urethras. These deposits are usually formed from calcium precipitations and they contain cystine and uric acid. The symptoms associated with kidney stones are acute pain in the groin, flank and lower abs areas, chills, digestive issues, blood in urine, inflammation, infection and fever. Kidney stones can be caused by heredity, urinary tract infections, the consumption of processed foods and foodstuff like refined flour, red meat, dairy products, sugar and caffeine.
Barley Water and Kidney Stones
Barley water is efficient in preventing the kidney stones formation, but, at the same time, it also dissolves the stones that have already been formed.
– Barley water maintains the proper pH balance in the organism and prevents the kidney stones formation.
– It also contains vitamin B6 that is effective in breaking down the masses of calcium oxalate that form in the kidneys.
– Barley water nourishes the kidneys, keeping them healthy. This prevents the recurrence of kidney stones and the urinary tract infections.
– Barley water helps you eliminate the toxic materials and waste products from the body.
– This kind of water is also rich in magnesium and can dissolve the calcium oxalate crystals.
– Finally, barley contains dietary fiber and can diminish the calcium excretion in the urine.
Barley Water – Recipe
If you are willing to try this remedy to get rid of the kidney stones, then this is what you must do. Use a pot to pour 1 liter of fresh water. Add the barley seeds (1 tablespoon) to this water and put the pot in the oven. Let the solution boil for about 30 minutes and wait until it’s reduced to half of the initial quantity. Let it cool and consume it throughout the day. Barley water has no taste, therefore, you can add some honey or lemon juice to make it tastier.
Barley water comes with no significant side effects because it’s natural. Still, if you consume it in large quantities, then you can cause loose motions and upset stomach. Also, don’t consume barley water if you suffer from gluten intolerance.
So, if you want to stay free of kidney stones or if you want to get rid of them, all you have to do is prepare yourself some barley water. It’s affordable, easy to prepare and, what’s more important, is natural. Consume it daily, until you managed to get rid of the painful kidney stones.