If you want to get rid of hair loss and thin hair, then you should consider using onion juice. It is rich in sulfur and leads to hair regrowth by stimulating the hair follicles and improving blood circulation. The hair contains sulfur that helps with the production of keratin and collagen. The proteins, amino acids and keratin proteins, all have sulfur component.
Numerous studies have demonstrated that onions are able to treat hair loss. They can control premature graying, scalp infections and dandruff. The participants in one study have applied onion juice directly on their scalp for 2 months. The treatment was used 2 times per day and it come with great results, showing that onions can really treat alopecia.
The recipe that we have chosen for you will not only treat hair loss, but will also make the hair shinier and smoother. Honey is responsible for this because it contains numerous antioxidants that retain moisture.
Honey and Onion Juice Treatment – Recipe
– 1 onion
– 2 teaspoons of honey
– An essential oil you like
The first step is to peel the onion, then chop it and blend it to obtain the juice. Strain the liquid from the onion pulp and then mix that juice with the honey. If you want, you can add 2 – 3 drops of lavender oil or another essential oil of your choice. Mix well and you can use this treatment for you hair and scalp.
Use the solution obtained above on your bald patches or, if the hair loss is proportional, you can apply it on your entire scalp. Use a shower cap or a towel to cover the hair and let the solution cure overnight. If you can’t leave it overnight, you can leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes. In the morning, you can use lukewarm water to rinse the hair. If you want to notice visible results, use this treatment every day for a couple of months. If you notice the results earlier, you can stop using the treatment after 1 month, for example.
Tips and Tricks
– In order to extract the onion juice, you can also grate it and squeeze it with a cheesecloth. Using a juicer also works.
– If you want to mask the smell of onion, you can add rose water or lemon juice to the solution.
– The best essential oils to promote hair growth are peppermint oil, lavender oil and rosemary oil. You can add those to your natural hair treatment.
– If you don’t want to tear the onion while cutting it, you can put it in the freezer for almost 15 minutes. After that, you can chop it.