Eczema can get really itchy, painful and ugly, so in order to calm your skin you will need an extremely efficient remedy. Take for example the yogurt, honey and oatmeal mask that we’re going to present in the following paragraphs. It contains 3 natural ingredients and it will speed up the healing process. It can be used on both your body and your face, on any skin type. Besides eliminating the eczema, this mask will moisturize, rejuvenate and pamper the skin and will also clean the pores.
The oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe the itching and the irritation triggered by the eczema. It heals the acne breakouts, absorbs the excess oil and eases inflammation. Oatmeal also contains saponins that act as natural cleansers and help you eliminate the dead skin and the dirt. Last, but not least, oatmeal combats sun burns.
Yogurt and honey are also incredibly soothing. They are rich in compounds that will make your skin smooth and soft. Yogurt is high in lactic acid, being an excellent exfoliant for the dead and rough skin. Moreover, it has bleaching properties and is able to eliminate the dark spots and blemishes. Honey is a powerful anti-inflammatory and humectant and it’s great at retaining the moisture. It eases inflammation and thanks to its antimicrobial properties it prevents infections and combats bacteria.
- – Oatmeal
- – Yogurt
- – Honey
- – Hot water
- – A spoon
- – Measuring spoons and cups
- – A bowl
You must put the oatmeal (one third of a cup) in the bowl. Pour the water (1/2 cup) over it and let the oatmeal soak for a couple of minutes. After that, add the honey (1 tablespoon) and the plain yogurt (maximum 2 tablespoons). Make sure you mix well to obtain a homogeneous paste. Once you have done this, you can apply this mask on the affected areas. Let it cure for about 30 minutes, then use a damp and soft tissue or cloth to remove the mask from the skin. Use warm water to clean the skin and pat dry. Finally, it would be a great idea to use a moisturizer to make your skin softer.
This mask must be used daily, once a day. If you have an acne-pro skin, use the mask 1 or 2 times per week.
Tips and Tricks
– If you’re using the mask on your face, make sure you remove all the makeup before applying it.
– Eczema will usually make your skin dry, so it’s important to keep your skin moisturized. After taking a shower or a bath, you can use organic virgin coconut oil on your skin to nourish it. The coconut oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can also ease your condition.
– Stay away from the flavored oatmeal and only use plain oatmeal. You should also use plain yogurt.
– An oatmeal bath can also treat eczema.
– A mashed avocado can also be used in this recipe to replace the honey. It’s much more moisturizing and can treat dry skin.
– If you use honey, make sure it’s the organic and raw variety.